Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm

I was happy this time yesterday as I think I managed to overcome the Mrs Melon birthday on Saturday issue and had a pass for the game with junior 1.

I really can't be bothered now. Not sure how much more I can take of those players ripping off the fans, club and manager who will want to just get rid of 90 percent of the squad but can't say it or do so because he needs to put out some sort of team out just to tread water.

We will not win. Draw at very best.

In reality I can see nothing but a defeat, but I hate saying we will lose, so I have put a 2-2 draw in the prediction thread.

Just hope this prediction turns out like Boro - because I said then, their strengths are our weaknesses, and they will exploit that. Well, I think the same again, so hopefully I will be pleasently surprised - but I doubt it.

All I ask now Dean is, don't lose against Blues - don't lose against Albion - then use all the other matches to blood next years team and tactics - no more hoofball please.

And CERTAINLY no more ridiculous interviews saying crap like you did last night - or else you won't get much support from me - if we are crap, say we are crap - don't blame all and sundrie !

This is how optimistic I am for the rest if the season - I have just booked a holiday for when the play offs are on !

I just hope Deano surprises us all and tries to mix things up a little bit on Saturday. We haven't played well since early December so it seems pointless to keep trying to do the same thing match after match. Try Keinan up front to hold the ball up and get Tammy playing off him - there's no guarantee it will work but its surely worth trying something different as I'm rapidly losing interest in watching them.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I've been telling myself that the Baggies don't look too convincing, especially in defence. I've gone for a hugely optimistic 2-1 win in the prediction thread. The victory of hope over experience.
Deano should try something different because the same ol', same ol' pack shuffling ain't working.

Would like to see 2 up front , but we just don't have the midfield to accomodate that.

This is the catch 22. Our midfield isn’t good enough to take control of a game even if we have 3 in the middle. From my playing days - in the middle - I used to prefer 4-4-2 as there was always one of the two strikers in front of you and a wide man relatively close.

In a 3 in the middle with two wide men it’s congested, the striker is marked out by two defenders and the wide man can be anywhere.

Plus it gives us the option to get it forward to a big man and look for a flick or lay off to the other striker - it’s not fashionable but it works.

circa 38.5/39k so so far so could make 40k
Despite the gloom, we still turn up in our numbers, home and away, week in, week out. Surely we deserve a reward come 4.55pm on Saturday...by the law of bloody averages....surely! So my heart says yes....2-1....just a glimmer of hope for the run in......Then I think of our full backs and the weakness in the middle of the park......