Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm

You'd think a manager in this day and age should control the weather better than Deano did yesterday I thought it was shocking it even got to the back of M2 a couple of times
Totally useless performance regarding the weather from Smith, well out of his depth in These weather conditions. Bruce would’ve got it fully behind us first half And turn it round second-half to be behind us again

Last edited:
Obviously getting in some players that can actually play the way they want them too.
For all the battling qualities of Chester, he wasn't coving himself in glory when they made him bring the ball forwards. He's Bruce player a no-nonsense CB, not a footballer.

I think when we get Axel back and the Hause to LB we'll be impenetrable

What a difference having ball playing centre backs make . I played there and I love seeing great defending. Some of the turns and ball playing under pressure was a joy to watch from Hause and Mings.

Was thinking yesterday that Chester's days might be numbered .
He just isn't a ball player . He is ok for Bruce's safe passes sideways approach but when he tries to bring the ball forward from defence under Smith Chester has been poor.

What a difference having ball playing centre backs make . I played there and I love seeing great defending. Some of the turns and ball playing under pressure was a joy to watch from Hause and Mings.

Was thinking yesterday that Chester's days might be numbered .
He just isn't a ball player . He is ok for Bruce's safe passes sideways approach but when he tries to bring the ball forward from defence under Smith Chester has been poor.

Don't forget though MD, Chester was playing on the left instead of his more natural right side. Mind you I'd love to see Tuanzebe and Mings as a partnership, as I think Mings would bring Axel on more because he is really vocal and with a vocal keeper like Steer, Axel would have more protection from getting caught out.

Been looking for musical inspiration lately and this fits perfectly. A lean, mean Elvis on his comeback in '68, matching a mean, lean Aston Villa on theirs in 2019.

If I Can Dream.......... of a Grealish winner at Wembley against the Tesco bags or dirty Leeds, either will do. Now that's entertainment boys and girls. VTID.

Last edited:
Also why on earth has the Chip shop at Witton been shut for so long. Hardly inspiring from Smith this. It was open yesterday but just a token opening. Gross mismanagement