Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

Agreed Yank, negativity within the squad as well was a real problem when we were relegated. Hopefully this lot can keep their heads up and push on, no matter how bumpy a start to the season we/they get.

I have no doubts watching these players that they can put up with adversity on the pitch, but the Villa Park faithful having the patience is what I am worried about

Mixed feelings about stats on here, we had more shots than any other team that played today according to my maths.

Now there’s one stat that matters today. But for me, the fact we did have more of the ball and create something even if there were few long range efforts and soft headers, gives me confidence as I seem remember only 9 months ago us going to wigan and not having a shot on target all game.

Second to Man City I believe from what I've seen Dan. Just need that touch extra composure/confidence as some of those headers/shots (for no reason) were atrocious.

Totally agree. Wait till everton see those lowlights. A hotchpotch of players bought in, yet little PL experience. No back up for Wesley. ..who won't score many anyway. Smith was like a kid in a sweet shop during the summer. We will do well to stay up.

The meltdown begins.......after all of two games! In 5 lines....Lowlights for Everton to see..ie they'll thrape us on Friday, no plan at all with regards to recruitment....Wesley wont score goals.....Smith was reckless.....we'll probably go down. What wonderfully positive reflection....Two games...two bloody games ffs! Of course the result today was disappointing and we have to do better but there are positives if you can be bothered to look for them....a tirade of negativity so early in the season..it baffles me but I really shouldn't be surprised.

Second to Man City I believe from what I've seen Dan. Just need that touch extra composure/confidence as some of those headers/shots (for no reason) were atrocious.

15 for us and 14 for Citeh according to live score (you need to deduct one for the VAR ;))

Anyway, we had plenty of chances - perhaps not many as clear cut as we’d like and a Neil Taylor open goal we’ll forget.

15 for us and 14 for Citeh according to live score (you need to deduct one for the VAR ;))

Anyway, we had plenty of chances - perhaps not many as clear cut as we’d like and a Neil Taylor open goal we’ll forget.

Not to mention his header that nearly hit the corner flag, can't help thinking Targett would have put both away as he used to be a winger

We need to get up to the pace quicker.

At half time it seemed to suggest that the gap between mid and lower prem and top EFL is infact bigger than most like to think.

The meltdown begins.......after all of two games! In 5 lines....Lowlights for Everton to see..ie they'll thrape us on Friday, no plan at all with regards to recruitment....Wesley wont score goals.....Smith was reckless.....we'll probably go down. What wonderfully positive reflection....Two games...two bloody games ffs! Of course the result today was disappointing and we have to do better but there are positives if you can be bothered to look for them....a tirade of negativity so early in the season..it baffles me but I really shouldn't be surprised.

My removed thread about getting Big Sam in now does not look so absurd now, does it eh. Wesley could not score in a brothel with s £50 note tied round his chopper.

Think we all need to take a deep breath. Despite my optimism, I always knew (and said), this was not going to be easy. Nothing is won or lost in August, but I know the fans need points. Norwich are now up and running and we will follow soon enough. Many winnable games out there and more newbies to come in and make a difference.

We'll see more changes Friday and I still believe we can compete.

I don't think there is a meltdown, just football fans discussing a defeat.
I don't like losing ever, so I don't go putting on the rose-tinted specs and ignoring the bad bits just as some people ignore the bad bits and focus on the good bits.

Things like Wesley, I thought overall he was poor, that doesn't mean I've written him off like Hogan. Just means he has to pull his finger out and show far more than he has so far.
Good bits Douglas looks far better than Howrahane with the ball and we've found out he can also hit a 25 yarder into the top corner. That was his first full game for us. He was as good as Wesley was poor.
Trez I'm not sure what I make of him yet but it's a massive leap from Turkish football to the PL. He stuck at it I'll give him that .

Pluses and minuses but we lost so I'm pissed off

Think about when Smith took over,after a few games some had doubts if he could improve us. This start feels pretty much the same, are we good enough to survive the premier league? have we bought the right players?. We just need to get settled, find the right combination that clicks and get a few wins under our belt. Anybody that thinks we should be playing like Man City after 2 games back in the prem is really expecting too much too soon..

I don't think there is a meltdown, just football fans discussing a defeat.
I don't like losing ever, so I don't go putting on the rose-tinted specs and ignoring the bad bits just as some people ignore the bad bits and focus on the good bits.

Things like Wesley, I thought overall he was poor, that doesn't mean I've written him off like Hogan. Just means he has to pull his finger out and show far more than he has so far.
Good bits Douglas looks far better than Howrahane with the ball and we've found out he can also hit a 25 yarder into the top corner. That was his first full game for us. He was as good as Wesley was poor.
Trez I'm not sure what I make of him yet but it's a massive leap from Turkish football to the PL. He stuck at it I'll give him that .

Pluses and minuses but we lost so I'm pissed off
Absolutely agree, positives and negatives. Most of the after match debate on here has been spot on but the post I quoted was certainly in my book 'meltdown' category...5 lines of total negativity criticising just about everything....today crap, recruitment crap, Smith crap, Wesley crap...2 games in...if that classes me as having 'rose tinted specs' because I disagree with a post that's so critical so be it.

Yes we have a lot to learn and I think we have the right people in charge to sort it. Tough gig for Deano as he is also learning not having managed at this level before but he is an intelligent forward thinking manager who I am sure with his other coaches work it out quickly.
I also hate losing and am out at a party at the moment with my chin on the floor and being totally miserable.