Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

It would only be debatable if Smith picked Tishbola
Yeah, really wonder what's going on there. Is he just not very good or is he a weirdo. DS has just taken an instant dislike to the lad, no squad no. not on pre-season tour, can't ship him out. Just weird.

Yeah, really wonder what's going on there. Is he just not very good or is he a weirdo. DS has just taken an instant dislike to the lad, no squad no. not on pre-season tour, can't ship him out. Just weird.

Might be the new McGatemack if we paid him too much.

If you'd paid me £50 000 a month for three years in my early 20's, I'd have never needed to work again. Something not right. Sitting on his contract with an attitude at a guess.

Might be the new McGatemack if we paid him too much.

If you'd paid me £50 000 a month for three years in my early 20's, I'd have never needed to work again. Something not right. Sitting on his contract with an attitude at a guess.

Motivation is a funny thing. We've seen a lot of Villa players form collapse after getting an England cap (Draper, Vassell, Young) and others who it motivated to achieve more (Southgate, Barry, Milner).

My Korean students often talk about students failing out of the University of Seoul. They are brought up their whole lives to study to get into that university. It's all their parents talk about. Once they get in, they lose the run of themselves because they have achieved what they were brought up to just by getting in.

We'd all love every kid in the academy to have the intrinsic motivation of Roy Keane or Bryan Robson but most people just aren't like that.

I guess Tishbola has achieved his ambition of being a PL footballer, in name at least.

Motivation is a funny thing. We've seen a lot of Villa players form collapse after getting an England cap (Draper, Vassell, Young) and others who it motivated to achieve more (Southgate, Barry, Milner).

My Korean students often talk about students failing out of the University of Seoul. They are brought up their whole lives to study to get into that university. It's all their parents talk about. Once they get in, they lose the run of themselves because they have achieved what they were brought up to just by getting in.

We'd all love every kid in the academy to have the intrinsic motivation of Roy Keane or Bryan Robson but most people just aren't like that.

I guess Tishbola has achieved his ambition of being a PL footballer, in name at least.
He’s just not good enough. Looked mediocre in the Championship

I’d be surprised if Kodjia wants to leave now he’s got his chance in the PL.

Maybe he realised on Saturday how far below prem standard he is? I’d bought into deano’s mythology that jimmy danger would be better in the prem than championship but my god was he Shiite in his brief cameo

Sorry Deano just my honest opinion/assessment which I don't think is harsh. Could be right . Could be wrong. Don't care. Not an old argument at all. Just my view on the game. The way I like to see the game played is driving forward with the ball where possible. Others like to see what you describe .
Whatever though, bit of a crap start to your post tbh, should be ok to make an honest point without being told I wil be calling him something I did not remotely mention I.e the crab.

Like I say just my , what I think to be a constructive not abusive , opinion on his game.

Ray Houthon was a crab

Is your class like mind your language

I have some anxiety regarding saturdays game. Everyone knew Spurs away would be a reality check but I'm beginning to think this Saturday could be THE real reality check.

:)

I've gone for a 1-1 result but let's see what happens - IMO it still has to be about performance more than results this early on with DS working out what we're good at and not so good at.

I'm "happy" to write-off results for the first 5-6 games but then we need to produce results regardless of performance.

Maybe he realised on Saturday how far below prem standard he is? I’d bought into deano’s mythology that jimmy danger would be better in the prem than championship but my god was he Shiite in his brief cameo

Shite or not, he can't go when there's only unknown-quantity Wes in that position in the entire squad, not before January at least.

He got injured but played on.

Re Tish, nobody knows, so not worth speculating. He did OK at Kilmarnock. He's obviously not at the standard we require at the moment. I suspect he's trying to get a loan somewhere.

Still feels a bit strange that despite spending all that money we didn't buy another striker. Maupay already up and running in the PL elsewhere. Will we regret this ... only time will tell

Same reaction that Bruce had. So clearly it’s not the managers that are missing something. My guess is he’s a lazy trainer, or just not intelligent enough to grasp what’s required tactically. Just a guess...

Still feels a bit strange that despite spending all that money we didn't buy another striker. Maupay already up and running in the PL elsewhere. Will we regret this ... only time will tell

Irrelevant to mention at this stage because of the standard of opposition played by ourselves and Brighton.