Match Thread: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 30th March, 3pm | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 30th March, 3pm

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
Let's hope all our players return from the international break without any injuries.

I can't see Blackburn being any different from all the other teams that come to Villa Park these days ready to park the bus and hope for a breakaway goal so an early Villa goal would be most welcome and help to make Blackburn press and open up a bit more?

Thoughts and team selections here folks......

UTV.

EDIT: I wrote Blackburn Rover by mistake so let's hope just the one turns up:grinning:

I can't see us changing the side that were so good against Middlesborough unless Tammy doesn't recover in time , which will mean Hourihane on the bench.

There is an argument to bring in Tuanzebe and put Hause at LB. I'd be ok with this change as I loved Axel coming out with the ball. Not sure he is the greatest defensively though.

Tammy has been training very well and is fine for Saturday. Adrian Boothroyd (England u21 manager) sent him back to Villa without playing him and there are videos in the media of him nutmegging Hause for fun …….

Bang up for this one - it feels like an eternity since the last match.

Much as I hate international breaks, I can't help feeling this one came at a good time for us - to give Axel extra time to get fit, to give Jack a breather on his road to recovery, to give Tammy a much-needed chance to recharge the batteries.

We'll surely have too much for Blackburn. I fully expect a routine home win.

Bang up for this one - it feels like an eternity since the last match.

Much as I hate international breaks, I can't help feeling this one came at a good time for us - to give Axel extra time to get fit, to give Jack a breather on his road to recovery, to give Tammy a much-needed chance to recharge the batteries.

We'll surely have too much for Blackburn. I fully expect a routine home win.

Like you JPA , I couldn't be more up for this , especially after a 2 week break.

Bring these last 8 games on.

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

They've got the worst defence outside of the bottom 3.

We've got goals in us now Jack is back.

Should be an routine win.

Really looking forward to this one. Going in with expectations rather than dread is a weird feeling. Should we turn it on we could destroy these.

Deano's press conference coming up at 2 o'clock.
Just popped in here just before 2 and spotted this post and managed to watch the press conference on Youtube so thanks for that sirdennis. All good news on the injury front. No news on Chester or Hutton but Lansbury and Tuanzebe fully fit. Had some nice, and well deserved, things to say about Hourihan & Whelan's performances over the international break. Looking forward to the game on Saturday. UTV

Your pessimism is unbecoming. Grow a pair McP and come out of that safety blanket. We will murder them. For once my 9-0 prediction has a chance (y)

Come on Merd, I did say I was confident :grinning:. As confident as I was a couple of months ago that we'd get into the playoffs, when other weaker (correction, MUCH weaker) spirits had given up and were wallowing in despair. They should have believed, as I did.

Just that a lifetime of seeing us beat big teams while tripping up against smaller has left just a tad bit of caution...