Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City

Grant & Walker were arguably our two most productive players at the start of the season. I thought they both had their worst games of the season. I would find that a little concerning.
I don't think it helps Walker to push him wide, it seems a waste.

While I've been unconvinced by Grant since I first saw him at Donny (despite the goal, he seemed to lack speed of thought or movement); however, he's 3rd in League 1 assists with 5.

Turning into a bit of an enigma.

While I've been unconvinced by Grant since I first saw him at Donny (despite the goal, he seemed to lack speed of thought or movement); however, he's 3rd in League 1 assists with 5.

Turning into a bit of an enigma.

I'm sure others will be able to confirm but have the majority of his assists been from dead ball situations? Sometimes statistics don't give a full picture of someones contribution though to be fair I don't think we've worked out his best position yet. Wide left isn't it in my opinion

I'm sure others will be able to confirm but have the majority of his assists been from dead ball situations? Sometimes statistics don't give a full picture of someones contribution though to be fair I don't think we've worked out his best position yet. Wide left isn't it in my opinion

Not sure anyone knows his best position do they? Wasn’t he playing wide right for Mansfield against us, and both left and right for Notts County? I think there probably is a terrific player in there somewhere - be great if MA can find it and bring it out.

assists account for very little in my view,much prefer an eyeball of a player over the full 90 minutes.

assist
=square a ball up for a teammate who bursts the net from 20 yards.........good assist my arse,............."what were you doing for the other 89 minutes?"

assists account for very little in my view,much prefer an eyeball of a player over the full 90 minutes.

assist
=square a ball up for a teammate who bursts the net from 20 yards.........good assist my arse,............."what were you doing for the other 89 minutes?"
You even get an assist if you were the player fouled for a penalty, unless you take it yourself. Very strange.

You even get an assist if you were the player fouled for a penalty, unless you take it yourself. Very strange.

assists = horseshit.

Don`t think MA will be scrutinising the assist charts when he in the bath tipping a box of radox into the water to ease his knee pain.