Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City

i think he job satisfaction is well down from the previous years and it shows. Perhaps it’s time for him to move into bbc radio Leeds so he can regain his radio spark. In previous years he was excellent but now it sounds like he is only there because he has to be
A common problem for many working people! I certainly know the feeling well.

One reason I went self-employed. If I never again have to work in an office with its politics, back-biting, shithouses, incompetents and sociopathic managers I will be a happy man.

I’ve had job satisfaction for the last 38 years since I left school at 16, perhaps I’ve been lucky but I wouldn’t change a single thing. Had good times and some dark times especially regarding the family you leave behind when away for 4 or 6 months, my only regrets were / are missing key family events and stuff.

Got home 2-3 hours ago and before looking at what anyone else has said a few thoughts from me.

Once again we've deserved to win but haven't. Could have been 3-0 up at half time and when we hit the post it began to look as if yet again we were never going to score, but thankfully Jack Payne got the goal.

Fewer chances in the second half, and to something of an extent it was like the reverse of the game at Rochdale.

In the added time it was a pity we couldn't try and hold onto the ball downfield and see the game out - perhaps if Andrade had headed for the corner flag a couple of minutes before instead of trying to beat the whole defence...although I'm not blaming him for the goal.

Still, I just hope we keep playing like we did today and the lack of wins doesn't start to affect the players' confidence.

I haven't looked to see if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but was Clive Nates there today? I thought I saw him walking onto the terraces about 20 minutes before kick-off.

I clearly remember the Cowleys being criticised for not going for another goal but instead trying to keep it in the corner. Usually after we conceded a late goal. Stevenage, Port Vale and Mansfield come my mind, although obviously not to others! Although this may not fit your argument very conveniently.
I agree many times under the cowleys when we conceded late they were called out.
Just cant win

I haven't looked to see if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but was Clive Nates there today? I thought I saw him walking onto the terraces about 20 minutes before kick-off.
Don’t know but there was a picture of him earlier with fellow SAfrican directors in SA rugby shirts ready for the World Cup final

Worryingly unprofessional compared to the Cowley years. Under DC we would have been holding the ball near their corner flags from the 85th minute onwards. Under MA the instruction semed to be to still hit them on the break and get a second goal, even when we were only just hanging on.

We really lack on field leaders in my view, despite Shacks and Eardley's experience.

Mike, I am genuinely sorry for being a pedant, but we had a serious issue last season in leaking late goals at home and in some cases away, late on. That cost us several wins.

One case in point when we were 2-0 up with under 10 mins to go.

Got home 2-3 hours ago and before looking at what anyone else has said a few thoughts from me.

Once again we've deserved to win but haven't. Could have been 3-0 up at half time and when we hit the post it began to look as if yet again we were never going to score, but thankfully Jack Payne got the goal.

Fewer chances in the second half, and to something of an extent it was like the reverse of the game at Rochdale.

In the added time it was a pity we couldn't try and hold onto the ball downfield and see the game out - perhaps if Andrade had headed for the corner flag a couple of minutes before instead of trying to beat the whole defence...although I'm not blaming him for the goal.

Still, I just hope we keep playing like we did today and the lack of wins doesn't start to affect the players' confidence.

Yes, just don’t lose the ball. Kick it out the ground like Callum Connelly if necessary, to give time to regroup.

How can Thommo and Hortin not know about the homegrown rule in a matchday squad?! Hasn't it been 'in' for about 3 years now?
And did he ask about the half-time sub, Grant going off? Apologies to him if he did and I missed it, but a basic question to ask, injury or tactical etc.

Mike, I am genuinely sorry for being a pedant, but we had a serious issue last season in leaking late goals at home and in some cases away, late on. That cost us several wins.

One case in point when we were 2-0 up with under 10 mins to go.

More often than not though, we closed out games very professionally. The Cowleys were very hot on doing that even if we were 2 goals ahead. Yesterday we showed no signs of even attempting to hold on to the 1-0 lead after the 80th minute.

The instructions to do that should either come from the sidelines, or from the senior players on the field. I didn't see either yesterday, and that is what concerns me.