Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City

YESSSS. FT - the second half was a struggle but our moves into the box finally paid off. Jorge Grant once again showing his class with the assist. He was the constant threat for Wimbledon always looking for the ball, making himself available and setting up chances. Think we let Woodward run at us too far at times and Ollie Palmer showed what he is good at occasionally. Well fought Wimbledon considering how under-strength you were but our class just about edged it. Still top 👏👏

Brilliant, a hard fought victory on the road against a hard working if somewhat attack limited outfit.

Great patience and maturity shown, clearly trusting the system with some slick football on show at times. Just about deserved the victory for attacking intent throughout the second half.

Johnson had some moments but I thought Grant and Hopper were outstanding at times in their different ways.

Johnson very lucky boy, free kick for what I assume was handball and no card. Play to the whistle.. winds me up players grabbing the ball before the whistle.
I'd like to see it become an automatic yellow, as I would intentionally blocking a kick when not 10 yards. I've no problem with a quick kick hitting a player that is trying to retreat, but when no effort is made it should be punished.

Great win. Score level when we went out, and came back to a victory. Now about to pour up a pint of One-Hop, so all's well?!?. Top of the league, and although Accrington could overtake us on games in hand, they couldn't drop any points over the four games. I do keep allowing myself to wonder.....

I only watched the 2nd half we created some good chances which we should have put away. i was always thinking wimbledon could grab a 2nd just because they never gaveup and did create some indecision in our defence or was it just me ? I wouldnt thinkthey are a easy team to play against