Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Lincoln City

Good second half performance that. I thought we nullified their aerial threat and created some half chances of our own with Brennan and Grant getting into the box. Scully also impressive. Please to see Hopper bag that winner!

i see Oxford are motoring up the table after a dreadful start to the season. Only 4 points off the play offs. i expect to see them in the mix.

You'd expect their run to continue with upcoming fixtures in their sweet spot but you can see where their problem has been against the top teams - albeit they'll probably fancy playing them at home in better form.

1609610323774.png

As others have said, Wimbledon were a lot better side than Northampton or Burton and will surely climb the table - although may depend on whether they can keep hold of Pigott.

1-1 at half time was just about a fair scoreline, but in the second half we were the better side, looking sharper than Wimbledon for the first time and the worry was that we wouldn't make the most of the openings we had. As it was, it looked at times as if both sides might give a sloppy goal away, and that's what Wimbledon did.

But a deserved win, and perhaps means that just a point against Peterborough next week wouldn't be a bad result.

I thought Brennan Johnson looked our most dangerous player, but was playing a bit with fire in the second half when not retreating from a free kick after already being booked - although as others have said, the Wimbledon players seemed to get away with it.

Well as Grant has been playing when filling in for Liam Bridcutt in recent games I think it showed today we need him further forward.

Good performances from Hopper and Joe Walsh, who I thought was better than Montsma today, also Tayo Edun - starting the move for the second goal and scoring the first. If I remember right, his goal against Liverpool was also scored with his right foot - not bad for a left-footed player!