Match thread - AFC Wimbledon away (at Loftus Road) | Vital Football

Match thread - AFC Wimbledon away (at Loftus Road)

AbelBFC

Vital Football Legend
Two changes for me tomorrow night - Robson for Ward and Kemp for Hamilton.

Robson/Ward change is just to give Ward a breather after Robson had one on Saturday.

Kemp has impressed me in the little bits we've seen, and I think Hamilton could do with a breather too.

I also want to see what impact he can have from the bench - his pace coming on v tired legs could really stretch the game. Gives us an out ball too if we're holding on, in the same way Madine's physicality does.

Finally, I noticed again on Sat how positionally unaware Hamilton is at times. He kept blocking Mitchell's overlap, and he does exactly the same with Turton (who is a good crosser of the ball) on the other side. Reminds me of Feeney in that regard. Kemp seems smarter, and anything we can do to try and get the ball into the box more is a positive in my eyes.

Would leave the rest of the team as it was on Saturday, including Woodburn. I know he's been subbed off twice in his two appearances so far, but we were told when he signed that he'd had a full pre-season and been playing games for Liverpool's U23s so he should be capable of three games in a week. If he needs subbing later on, I'd be inclined to bring Ward on rather than Sarkic (who I thought was crap on Saturday).

Maxwell

Mitchell
Ballard
Ekpiteta
Turton

Williams
Robson
Woodburn

Kaikai
Kemp

Yates

Subs: Sims, Gretarsson, Gabriel, Ward, Sarkic, Hamilton, Madine

Need to make sure we follow up Saturday's result with another three points.

Robson/Ward change is just to give Ward a breather after Robson had one on Saturday.

Kemp has impressed me in the little bits we've seen, and I think Hamilton could do with a breather too.

I also want to see what impact he can have from the bench - his pace coming on v tired legs could really stretch the game. Gives us an out ball too if we're holding on, in the same way Madine's physicality does.

Finally, I noticed again on Sat how positionally unaware Hamilton is at times. He kept blocking Mitchell's overlap, and he does exactly the same with Turton (who is a good crosser of the ball) on the other side. Reminds me of Feeney in that regard. Kemp seems smarter, and anything we can do to try and get the ball into the box more is a positive in my eyes.

Would leave the rest of the team as it was on Saturday, including Woodburn. I know he's been subbed off twice in his two appearances so far, but we were told when he signed that he'd had a full pre-season and been playing games for Liverpool's U23s so he should be capable of three games in a week. If he needs subbing later on, I'd be inclined to bring Ward on rather than Sarkic (who I thought was crap on Saturday).

Maxwell

Mitchell
Ballard
Ekpiteta
Turton

Williams
Robson
Woodburn

Kaikai
Kemp

Yates

Robson for Ward - agree with that.

I'd be tempted to bring back in Madine for Hamilton and move Yates out wide rather than bringing Kemp in. Thought Madine was unlucky to be dropped.

Wouldn’t disagree with your changes but can’t see there being any on the back of a win and a clean sheet.

That said the quick turn around in games may mean there is one or two, if there is to be I’d support your calls.

Maxwell

Mitchell
Ballard
Ekpiteta
Turton

Williams
Robson
Woodburn

Kaikai
Kemp

Yates

Yes I think Hamilton is a little naive , Kemp is of better calibre without doubt.

I would also bench Hamilton, but I suspect NC won't have the guts for that. I would also like to see Kemp start

IMHO CJ has been our best player so far this season. I think he has been off his game the last couple and maybe needs a rest. I notice the attention he has received earlier in the season with double marking and has often looked our only option to create of make a goal. I'd be interested in seeing Yates and Madine both playing off each other in the middle, this normally confuses the modern defence and creates gaps for the midfield to exploit. I still believe Yates will score goals and just needs a bit of luck.

I'm still not a Williams fan, I get the role is massive for us. He plays within his abilities and has done just ok. I think he's laboured just too slow for me.

Looking forward to seeing the same back four (five if you include the keeper) we need this stability and the chance for them to grow as a unit.

The standard of set play is still beyond poor, this has to improve.

I am a CJ fan as you know. My question is why when he is double marked the other forwards are not finding space. Our biggest weakness seems to me to be a lack of clever running off the ball.

Whoever plays we need to play from the start to win,No silly free kicks or cards yellow or Red......The team needs the confidence of a win taking everything into account we. all in these bad times need cheering up..

Dan Kemp and Oliver Šarkić both start as two of four changes for Blackpool's fixture against AFC Wimbledon this evening.

The attacking pair, who came on as substitutes in the Seasiders' 1-0 victory over MK Dons last Saturday, are joined in the side by Ethan Robson and Gary Madine, with the latter replacing Jerry Yates up front.

Team: Maxwell, Turton, Ekpiteta, Ballard, Mitchell, Williams, Robson, Šarkić, Kemp, Madine, Kaikai

Subs: Sims, Gabriel, Yates, Ward, Hamilton, Grétarsson, Woodburn

4-4-2? the guess from RL commentator(not chizzy tonight)
btw, it's AFCW's last match at Loftus Road. Hope we give them a great send-off!