Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

We've been leaking goals with Vickers in the nets, and a full strength back four. We were 6, I think, without a clean sheet up to Saturday.
The first one he let in last night was very soft indeed but I do agree with we've let in far too many goals lately, clean sheets needed.

Even more incredible is the keeper is actually on his line!!

The ref last Saturday made us kick off again because Andrades big toe was marginally in the opposition half, seem to remember Woodyard got booked last season for the same thing in the first seconds of the game. Seems that half the Accrington team yards inside the box is ok then !

the one that makes no sense to me: rhead got clattered on the halfway line last night. their centre back gets booked. rhead needs treatment.
when the free kick is ready to be taken, rhead has to go off the pitch... and can't come back on until the kick is taken. their centre back is free to defend the ball in.
who is getting punished in this situation?

the one that makes no sense to me: rhead got clattered on the halfway line last night. their centre back gets booked. rhead needs treatment.
when the free kick is ready to be taken, rhead has to go off the pitch... and can't come back on until the kick is taken. their centre back is free to defend the ball in.

Rhead?

I learnt at Colchester that the rules have changed. If the player is booked then the fouled player can receive treatment without needing to leave the pitch.

Ref made an error there. If a booking is given against the defender the injured player does not have to leave the pitch. Are you sure he wasn't still receiving treatment as that might be the only reason. Didn't watch the match myself

Ref made an error there. If a booking is given against the defender the injured player does not have to leave the pitch. Are you sure he wasn't still receiving treatment as that might be the only reason. Didn't watch the match myself
maybe there is separate sub-rule if the player gets clattered in the head area?
in the luton away game last season it also happened. sheehan elbows rhead. rhead goes down. sheehan sent off. rhead leaves the pitch after treatment. bostwick scores from the free kick while rhead was off the pitch.

Treatment had ended. Ref just wanted to make Rheady wait. I also thought rule had been changed. Maybe ref didn't know. Linesman on our side was definitely from the past, possibly all the officials were.