Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

There's bad losers and then there are poor winners....

That said, Accrington have enjoyed a marvellous season and have sent a clear message to the likes of County and the Stags...

Last edited:
Before the match you weren't confirmed as champions, so it wouldn't be appropriate. Afterwards, you were busy celebrating (rightly so), and we would have wanted to go home! Next game presumably you'll have your guard of honour.

Managed to park in a street nearer to the ground than I do at home, had a pint in a pub you can see the ground from & got away easy probably becasue all the home fans were still in the ground, so that was all positive. Ground reminded me of several last season & daughter said going to the toilet is an experience she doesn't want to repeat !
On the field, one of those games where we huffed & puffed without creating clear-cut chances, probably Greeny slipping when he had a chance to stab the ball into the empty net summed us up.
I always thought it was a tough ask to get a result, but I thought we might not need to as I didn't expect Mansfield to win.. Seeing Angol's jammy 1st goal on TV highlights says probably wasn't going to be our day.
I can only ever remember Woodyard being subbed once before which is quite a record & Rheady has started playing 90 minutes all of a sudden as well.
Think we'll get the result needed next week but not go up through the play-offs, and actually not sure we're quite good enough at the moment

Am I missing something? Why would we have given a guard of honour when Accrington weren't confirmed as Champions until after the game?