Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

Not a great game and we didn't play well enough to get anything from it. At least we have the consolation of knowing Peterborough will be joining us once again next season.

FT. Once again, we’ve lost to a team who out-physical led us. I lost count of the times a City player was physically wrestled off the ball or had his shirt pulled or had his ankles rapped. Mind you, having said that it’s a man’s game and we just didn’t match them for physicality and our first touch was appalling. The amount of times the ball bounced off our players and the opposition just picked it off. Maybe they are used to those windy conditions with their low, open ground 🤔. I thought the ref was Ok first half but over the second half he was giving Accrington everything and ignoring their foul play. Think he felt sorry for them having sent off their GK. Not enough Imps players turned up - Poole & Jackson and Fiorini (great goal, just 5 minutes too late) were superb but the rest looked as though the season had finished for them, either that or they gave up because they were getting no protection/decisions from the ref. Hope the Crewe game is a better game of football.

Oh well, chance to finish the season on a high if we can beat Crewe next Saturday. If Wigan beat the Shrews we can move up to 17th.

Well another meh performance
Even against 10 men we look pedestrian
For a passing and movement team our control of the ball is awful at times and puts us out of position and chasing the ball

Poor display as others have said. Hopper would have been useful at both ends, but it looks as though he is just not in favour with MA any longer.

The injuries were unfortunate, but Bishop did his best replacing McGrandles to show he doesn'r want to be here next season (and to show why he shouldn't be).

Its surprising that we played four loan players in a pointless end of season game, rather than seeing what our own players could do, unless it shows there was nobody on the bench that MA wants here next season.

Poor display as others have said. Hopper would have been useful at both ends, but it looks as though he is just not in favour with MA any longer.

The injuries were unfortunate, but Bishop did his best replacing McGrandles to show he doesn'r want to be here next season (and to show why he shouldn't be).

Its surprising that we played four loan players in a pointless end of season game, rather than seeing what our own players could do, unless it shows there was nobody on the bench that MA wants here next season.

Problem is I think we already know what our own players who weren't playing can do. Not much.

MA saying some players will definitely not be here next season after their poor performances (attitude?) today.

On the basis that four were on loan (and he definitely rates several others) he must be talking about one or more from Jackson, Robson, Sanders, Bishop, Marquis and Scully.

Conor McGrandles has done his medial ligament.

Ben House has dislocated his shoulder and broken his collar bone.

When will this ever end?
Hell's teeth.

Neither can be blamed on 'poor preparation' that's rank bad luck. Wish them both well and good recoveries, but McG may miss start of next season with that?

Hell's teeth.

Neither can be blamed on 'poor preparation' that's rank bad luck. Wish them both well and good recoveries, but McG may miss start of next season with that?
MA says six weeks or so. I have just looked it up, and apparently a grade 1 tear takes one to three weeks, grade 2 takes three to six weeks, a grade 3 six weeks or more.

MA saying some players will definitely not be here next season after their poor performances (attitude?) today.

On the basis that four were on loan (and he definitely rates several others) he must be talking about one or more from Jackson, Robson, Sanders, Bishop, Marquis and Scully.

I would say its Bishop and Marquis. Didn't really see any lack of effort from the other four, but Bishop's lack of interest and lack of work rate was very noticable.

Jackson may be moved on of course, and Scully may be sold. I think MA has said before that Sanders will be here next year, and we paid too much for Robson to give up on him.

There will definitely be huge changes in the summer.

All of them from what I saw, although I might except Robson as where we sitting had perfect view 2nd half to see hardly anyone passing to him out wide.
I was thinking Jackson is reputedly our best defensive header of the ball but I think he was dominated in the air today and I think was against Wigan if I’m remembering right

In all my years supporting the Imps I have never known a season with so many injuries to our players. This obviously impacted on team selection. To lose our loan players of last season plus Grant and Edun this is a major achievement to stay in this league. Let’s all give them our whole hearted support against Crewe and hope a season like this for injuries is many years away. UTI

MA says six weeks or so. I have just looked it up, and apparently a grade 1 tear takes one to three weeks, grade 2 takes three to six weeks, a grade 3 six weeks or more.
Thanks, I was thinking ACL duration, some relief for Conor, hope it doesn't mess with his plans.

Absolutely shocking performance outmuscled from start to finish typical John Coleman team big fast and strong.

We will go down next season unless there are major changes we were so poor and pedestrian today.
The last 3 games have shown the inconsistency and injuries which have plagued this season, two dynamic performances followed by today's damp squib disrupted by injury.

Needs work in the summer to address that.

Working today so not been able to listen to the game but caught Thommos summing up on the way home. Sounds like we were again caught out by an aggressive strong side and by the sound of it MAPP has lost his rag with some of the team.
Will be interesting to see what eleven starts next week.
Hopefully the penny has finally dropped. Nothing wrong with our passing game, it’s just that we need t9 be able to mix it up when required. I hope thecsummer signings will show that we intend to do this.
Also hope we can rid ourselves of the injury jinx. Bad for McGrandles as it could scupper any potential move he might have lined up. Hope he mends quick as he deserves a decent move if that is his intention. As for House, so unlucky but at least he has the summer to recover and should be ready for pre season.
UTI