Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

I didn't watch the game today Domski but do I detect you are disappointed with LCFC this evening?
I didn't watch the game today Domski but do I detect you are disappointed with LCFC this evening?
I feel better now old guard thanks. Nothing that a beer can't fix. We are clearly going to struggle against the less refined sides. Accrington had some very good tactics to mitigate our threats. They have a good manager who despite his age is not a dinsosar. Bridcutt frustrated me today playing behind the back four to collect the ball and avoid his man to man marker. Grant is wasted on the left wing but weak when a battle is required when he moved into the midfield. I impose higher standards onto these two because they are what makes us tick.

More and more looking like being in the mix for a play off place at least.

Away points against the likes of Accrington and Fleetwood when we come away frustrated we haven't won, confirms this.

Teams still to play in first half of season

1 Hull
2 Peterborough
8 Sunderland
12 Wimbledon
15 Gillingham
16 Northampton
18 Swindon
20 Rochdale
22 Shrewsbury
23 Wigan
24 Burton

Heavy winter pitches don't look like being our friend. A better side would have punished the generosity of our passing judgement today. Not sure we are able to mix it up by being more direct.

I feel better now old guard thanks. Nothing that a beer can't fix. We are clearly going to struggle against the less refined sides. Accrington had some very good tactics to mitigate our threats. They have a good manager who despite his age is not a dinsosar. Bridcutt frustrated me today playing behind the back four to collect the ball and avoid his man to man marker. Grant is wasted on the left wing but weak when a battle is required when he moved into the midfield. I impose higher standards onto these two because they are what makes us tick.
Glad to here the beer is working! It's one of those .You know? Here we are at the right end of the table and we are looking for more. Nothing wrong with that until we remember just how much we are punching above our weight.Any way time to get back to the Fishy. Such fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone disappointed by today consider that the point gained today takes us to 11 points on the road this season.

Last season we gained 10 in total

A little worried about our lack of goals in the league, maybe time try a different system?
Hopper does a great job but doesn’t get many chances and the others need to help him more.
3 goals in the last 5 league games, the longer it went the less likely I thought we'd score even after the red.
Could be a cod though lol!!!!

Ma has said many times this is a work in progress.Accrington have done well so far this season andplayed less games then anybody else if they win there games in hand i think they are top 5. Going to there place and getting a point is a good effort. We have started the season well some people may get carried away we are not going to win or score every game lets be thankfull we are where we are. As forpens we win some and lose some no good being like lambert and co and dragging yourself down to there level we cant change the outcome

Ma has said many times this is a work in progress.Accrington have done well so far this season andplayed less games then anybody else if they win there games in hand i think they are top 5. Going to there place and getting a point is a good effort. We have started the season well some people may get carried away we are not going to win or score every game lets be thankfull we are where we are. As forpens we win some and lose some no good being like lambert and co and dragging yourself down to there level we cant change the outcome
Sorry but Accrington will do exceptionally well to finish in the top half. Still a good point but should have been three.

Sorry but Accrington will do exceptionally well to finish in the top half. Still a good point but should have been three.
I think they will.be.happy with top half but at the moment they are doing very well. We can only look at results so far and to be fair they are no easy beats