Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

I thought that was a clash of two different styles and tactics and we struggled to deal with it at times. I continue to worry about meeting sides like Gills, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in that context. Sorry but Bridcutt and Grant need to far more on days like this. Too many players had bad days and Accrington and ourselves are mid table teams both looking to do better than last year and finish in the top half.

Adcock has done a fine job of being a cockwomble. Wow.

According to the BBC site the ref was Andy Haines. Not sure if there was a late change again. I've gone with Haines on the rate the ref thread

EDIT..looking at their respective photos it was Haines today

Thought Accrington were a good side. Feel sorry for their player getting the red, no intent, why should he expect a defender to put his head down there.
Good away point. Hit the post twice.
Feel much more optimistic after today than I did after last season's performance at Accrington.

Personally, thought the referee was excellent in general. Players started off throwing themselves to the ground but then soon got up when they got nothing. Only thing you could really question was the penalty incident. He obviously thought Brennan dived (as if he would!) and he booked him, which is at least logical. Referee was much closer than us, although from our one long range angle it looked like a "stonewall" TV penalty, in that Brennan timed his dive perfectly (if the ref was correct).

Not too much more to add to what some others have said. Overall, while it was 11 against 11 we weren't quite on top of our game but at best it could have gone either way. After they went a man down we ought to have won it, hitting the post twice, and putting too many shots off target (e.g. Grant, Bridcutt).

Seeing it first time I thought the sending off was harsh, but second time that the player was going in studs first against Montsma's body.

Montsma didn't look happy playing on the left of the two in central defence when it came to playing or bringing the ball forward, but was obviously more at home when switched to the right.

I wonder if Anderson being taken off was to rest him for Tuesday night. The change in both full backs was presumably to improve our attacking options after they had gone down to ten men, especially with Gotts being more likely to cross the ball effectively than Eyoma - which he showed until his last minute attempt!

We're mid-table when it comes to scoring goals, even more so when you consider the volume of penalties, so goal scoring looks a bit of a problem with limited No9 options. The good news is we've got the second best defensive record and we've had the toughest start of the top teams.

I guess if I was going to have a problem I'd quite like this to be it. Roll on Tuesday.

I would give McGrandles a rest and try a different mix to see what happens, we don't seem to be creating much in there tbf. Grant more central for me, he is the key that will unlock defences. Besides McGrandles should have buried that header.

We're mid-table when it comes to scoring goals, even more so when you consider the volume of penalties, so goal scoring looks a bit of a problem with limited No9 options. The good news is we've got the second best defensive record and we've had the toughest start of the top teams.

I guess if I was going to have a problem I'd quite like this to be it. Roll on Tuesday.
Gotta feel a bit sorry for MA. Comes in, Walker's scoring and then gets recalled last minute.

Brings in Morton, gets injured!

He's not really had anyone other than Hopper to play since he's been here.

I thought that was a clash of two different styles and tactics and we struggled to deal with it at times. I continue to worry about meeting sides like Gills, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury in that context. Sorry but Bridcutt and Grant need to far more on days like this. Too many players had bad days and Accrington and ourselves are mid table teams both looking to do better than last year and finish in the top half.
I didn't watch the game today Domski but do I detect you are disappointed with LCFC this evening?

Biggest disappointment is how little we worked the keeper. Balls in decent areas but decision making/final poor not quite upto scratch at times.