Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

Sounds like Shackell and co at the back, hopefully Eardley too, will be getting a long overdue kick up the arse on Monday.

Massive massive game next week. Gillingham 7th in the current form list. Hard to beat and I’m sure big John will be looking for a point to prove. Crowd need to right behind the lads from the off. Just listening to App now. He’s not a happy bunny. Clearly blaming Shacks although not naming him. Sounds like changes at the back next week. Happy with the way the young uns are progressing though. UTI

Exactly my thoughts too, really need to put a stop to this poor run, will be a tough game to say the least.

MA not happy at all. Very strong words about “senior, experienced” players. Will be saying strong things on Monday to let them know how he feels. Sounds like Shackell definitely and possibly Bridcutt are going to get a tongue-lashing. Wonder if Bossie will play alongside Bolger next week? Scully & Edun excellent. Hopper starting to play as we hoped - must be a fitness thing with him. Lewis deserves a chance, possibly in place of Harry.

At what point does it become about the here and now?

I don’t think it does this season. That’s just my opinion. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have managed today’s match better though however limited we know some players are.

I stand by my prediction from Xmas that he will not be here next year.

Hopefully we will limp over the line and finish at least 4th from bottom. Not overly confident mind

I’d genuinely be fascinated to know what goes through the mind of someone who won’t renew because we’ve finished lower mid-table in League One? What exactly do people expect? (this isn’t aimed at you Notty, they’ll be carrying you out in a box!).

Probably the same people who bought a season ticket when we were flying high.

I am not defending them but people are fickle

I stand by my prediction from Xmas that he will not be here next year.

Hopefully we will limp over the line and finish at least 4th from bottom. Not overly confident mind

I bet you wouldn’t put money on that though eh? I’m just saying I imagine that’s worry over actual belief?

I’d genuinely be fascinated to know what goes through the mind of someone who won’t renew because we’ve finished lower mid-table in League One? What exactly do people expect? (this isn’t aimed at you Notty, they’ll be carrying you out in a box!).

Some of the newer fans won’t be used to not winning as many, not enjoying the football as much coupled with the expense and not looking as likely to need a season ticket next season as seats will be more available - especially those who can’t make every game.