Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

Afternoon Paul and my other partners in crime on TMT

I think we should have gone down to Stevie's place and enjoyed a few bottles of red in front of his log fire whilst listening into the game.

Btw the wind is really picking up now, Stevie (the weatherman) predicted it correct.

Their team sheet makes it look like John Coleman is playing!

Anyway, surprised Melbourne isn't even in the squad today! I thought he had a good game against Rotherham and then he's dropped. Seems odd. Look forward to seeing how Grant presumably does in CM - has looked good when switched into the position in previous games mid-March - and hopefully this is the start of a fruitful Hopper-Scully partnership! (I realise Scully is probably playing wide but let's be honest, Hesketh isn't going to score)

Their team sheet makes it look like John Coleman is playing!

Anyway, surprised Melbourne isn't even in the squad today! I thought he had a good game against Rotherham and then he's dropped. Seems odd. Look forward to seeing how Grant presumably does in CM - has looked good when switched into the position in previous games mid-March - and hopefully this is the start of a fruitful Hopper-Scully partnership! (I realise Scully is probably playing wide but let's be honest, Hesketh isn't going to score)

Thought the same re Coleman.

Glad to see Bostwick back in the squad, our results really seem to improve with him in the team (not got the stats to hand!)

Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw but let's hope we can come away with all 3 points and a bit of a confidence boost. Feel like we will slowly improve and develop over the coming weeks like we did earlier on under Appleton.

Anyway, surprised Melbourne isn't even in the squad today!

I suppose the reasoning is that Edun did well enough at left back against Milton Keynes to keep his place in that position, and that Melbourne has lost his place on the bench to the fit-again Lewis and Bostwick.

we have become a very random club at the moment. Does beg the question are we being managed accordingly?

Surely even if he is not playing he should travel with the squad and should be watching from the stands.

Then again perhaps I am too old school for Lincoln City 2020. Next someone will be telling me that we have defenders who are really midfielders who can play the ball from the back?

Either that or the game has been called off and he didn’t fancy a trip to John Lewis

Very much with you, should be travelling with the team for me.

I suppose the reasoning is that Edun did well enough at left back against Milton Keynes to keep his place in that position, and that Melbourne has lost his place on the bench to the fit-again Lewis and Bostwick.
Indeed we have over 20 players to choose from and can only pick 18.

Ere we go. Got the headphones on today as the rain is so loud on the conservatory roof (Mans room) this afternoon.