Match Report Millwall v Derby County | Vital Football

Match Report Millwall v Derby County

Keogh marking no one, closing no one down and getting...........well you can see nowhere near to an opponent. Cock-ups at the back all over the place.

If we had a wall for the free kick it doesn't go in, if Tomori left the shot alone it would have gone wide........

We have to tighten up that defence, I vote to leave Keogh out for the next game, even if he wasn't directly responsible this game for a goal, his incessant square, sideways or backward and negative passing really gets my goat. If he is the Captain, which I assume he was today then play a Captains role, play balls forward, take responsibility, delegate and tell the youngsters what they should be doing

Millwall are a very good side and I was expecting a bigger defeat today, still early days and no need to push the panic button yet.
We got things moving a little better in second half so let's try and improve from there. Is Tomori the new Keogh? I'm hoping not but I'm seeing some similarities. We have to gel and get a settled team, it shouldn't take to long and I'm confident all will come good!

I share your confidence MoP, no call for panic...Davies coming back should make a huge difference...but we need an improvement soon. Really struggling to remember the last time we started a season well and these dropped points have a habit of coming back to haunt us.

Tomori gave the free kick away and then lost his man who scored from the free kick.

The 2nd was going miles wide and diverted into the net by Tomori.

All over the net Keogh is getting the blame. Now, I am not his greatest fan but today's critique is, IMO, OTT.

Frank Lampard said that you can't expect teams to turn up at half time and win games. The same could be said for managers who turn up halfway through pre-season.

Frank Lampard said that you can't expect teams to turn up at half time and win games. The same could be said for managers who turn up halfway through pre-season.
Frank Lampard said that you can't expect teams to turn up at half time and win games. The same could be said for managers who turn up halfway through pre-p

Well Kranky has been your manager for 8 months and still got a 22% win rate despite spending £34 million So that blows your theory out the water Couldn't beat Wigan who ain't got a pot to piss in

Keogh's panic is affecting others, it's time he took a break from the side and fights for his place. Looking forward to Davies coming back, then Tomori can drop in alongside and hopefully get a settled partnership.

Keogh's panic is affecting others, it's time he took a break from the side and fights for his place. Looking forward to Davies coming back, then Tomori can drop in alongside and hopefully get a settled partnership.

Adi think your partly right about Keogh but our problems are deeper than that If FL insists on playing 4-3-3 with the squad we've got e will continue to struggle imo . DM,is the key to that system and we just don't really have anybody who can play it properly BJ Huddleston and Ledley all failed really . From what I saw at Oldham I'm not convinced Evans is the answer You don't only he's to be a defender you have to start attacks as well Think we either need to change formation or get someone who can play it. Someone who is very good at it and who is not getting a game is McDonald at Fulham a cheeky loan bid would be nice

It will be interesting to see what happens when Davies does come back as I think he'll stick with Keogh.

At least we are still undefeated, three points ahead of you and can grind out some result. Also we are playing players who are wanted by the fans and the manager and not having to make do with those who your fans want out and your manager hasn't had enough time pre-season to do so.:utv:

At least we are still undefeated, three points ahead of you and can grind out some result. Also we are playing players who are wanted by the fans and the manager and not having to make do with those who your fans want out and your manager hasn't had enough time pre-season to do so.:utv:
At least we are still undefeated, three points ahead of you and can grind out some result. Also we are playing players who are wanted by the fans and the manager and not having to make do with those who your fans want out and your manager hasn't had enough time pre-season to do so.:utv:[t

you do talk rubbish is it an age thing Three points more than you big deal cost £32 million that has and if we win our game in hand we will be level If you can't buy players the fans want with that money it's time to resign There's no more toxic fans than the trees when you have a bad run That's why you were getting 17,000 two years ago

Only seen the Leeds debacle live this season so finding it difficult to be objective. Keogh was pretty dreadful against Leeds but he was playing in a back four that was fairly unfamiliar with each other and behind a midfield that contributed absolutely nothing in terms of either protecting the defence or creativity.
RK all too often seems to become the ‘fall guy’ and I readily accept that Davies is both a better defender and an infinitely better leader but this isn’t all Keogh’s fault.

RK all too often seems to become the ‘fall guy’ and I readily accept that Davies is both a better defender and an infinitely better leader but this isn’t all Keogh’s fault.

Completely agree, and normally I'd be the 1st to defend him. But at the moment, he's making too many mistakes, and you can sense the uncertainty around him. He's one of the best in the league, but his lack of composure at present isn't what we need from an experienced player / leader. Taking him out of the limelight might just be what he and the rest need, he'll get his chance again.

You may be right and it’s also asking a lot of young Tomori to play on the left when, I think, he’s naturally right sided, but unless Davies is fit I can’t see it happening and I don’t like the repetitive witch hunts (not you Adi) against Keogh as soon as things go wrong. There are others who don’t show half the effort and commitment of RK.

Latest Rams News