Match Report - Fylde | Vital Football

Match Report - Fylde

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
I know it was only a friendly but plenty of Pool took the opportunity to attend amd get a glimpse of GB's new team.
Ironically GB was nowhere to be seen on the night and Horner was left in charge.

Fylde took the lead through Rowe early doors a quick turn and goal from a shot - if you don't shoot you don't score.
For the main Fylde passed the ball well missed a great chance for 2-0 and eventually tired with their triallists breaking up the formatuion and flow,

Pool - Howard is not Lumley. His kicking on the floor looked nowhere near Lumleys quality but a Horwich fan at work told me today he wa quality for this league.
Tilt was the standout Pool defender. Cool calm trying possibly too hard at times and determined not to lose still driving forward at the end.
Bunney was OK - got forward and has no leg size - muscle wise at all. He is so one (left) footed it shows.
Turton -- Looks settled and has nailed that RB position down
Heneghan - again will take time to settle was caught out a couple of tiomes and almost conceded a goal - Row Z young man when in doubt.
Spearing - passing was woeful at times.
O'Sullivan came on as sub, covered plenty of ground and looked interested.
Thompson - looks calm and assured and is certainly one to keep aeye on - promising.
Doodoo - Pace tricks but there's a time and a place - he is not at Vivs level (yet)
Frenchie - Looked off the pace
Delf - I'll tip my hat to him tonight coevered sheds of ground and looked decent at times deserved his goal.
Taylor - Showed some nice touches gort a knock and then disappeared out of the game
Bola - made the goal showed some attackinmg intent and is well built - promising
Pritchardv - reminded me a little of Quigley with his positioning - am I really playing for Blackpool??? Got in to some good positions first glimpse is hard to judge.

Pool scraped a draw when it ;looked like the early goal was going to win it.
Friendlies are always hard to judge, we looked desperately short up front and dodgu at the heart of defence - Tilt aside.

Plenty of Oyston Out chants and a smoke bomb to boot. Blackpool and football is back :grinning: