Match ratings v Reading | Vital Football

Match ratings v Reading

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Pants: 7, little to do but when called upon was solid enough.

Osborn: 7, Reading loaded the wide areas and didn't receive as much support from Dias/Lolley as you'd like. Dealt with the vast majority well though perhaps didn't have as much impact going forward aa would be ideal.

Darth Winker: 7, exactly as above

Tobias: 7, okish but for a big guy he doesn't command.

Fox: 9, once again proving I'm a football genius and you're all suckers.

Colback: 7.5, again he does the little things well and allows others to play (sadly they didn't today but not hos fault).

Gueddy: 8, second best player on the pitch as he continues to make me look like a sucker and others football geniuses.

Carvalho: 6, ineffective and jaded

Dias: 6, as above.

Lolley: 6.5, tries hard and there is definitely potential there but too often his final decision is incorrect.

Grabban: 6.5, rusty and so so with the ball at feet and rarely offered a threat in behind. A decent player though if he can get a goal I suspect.

Subs:

Robinson: offered little going forward, looks slow. Early to really form a judgement.

Cash: combative with drive, absolutely needed for this game.

Soudani: looks like he has something about him, wonder how he'd playing as the one...

Agree with nearly all of that CP, I'd just bump Colback up as he really impressed me today. Had we not had a player of his quality in there today I think Reading would have got in 2 or 3 times.

Darikwa was much improved from Tuesday

Yeah I would be nudging Colback up to an 8 or even 8.5. Solid.

Also curious how Soudani would do as the lone striker but at the same time Grabban looks like he still needs minutes to get that sharpness going.

Can’t agree with an 8 for Guedy, thought he was average today. As most of them were, apart from Fox and Colback. Thought Cash and Soudani pretty much changed the game. Don’t think Grabban is match fit yet, makes runs but sometimes came across as disinterested, think you may be right (CP) that a goal could change all that, and I am probably wrong about him

Agree with nearly all of that CP, I'd just bump Colback up as he really impressed me today. Had we not had a player of his quality in there today I think Reading would have got in 2 or 3 times.

Darikwa was much improved from Tuesday

Agree and he contrary to some, did ok Tuesday. Remember this kid is local right?

cash and Soudani definitely changed the game.

disagree re carvalho but grabban not on the same wavelength yet. Was nice to see geezer run and get the ball off their keeper around an hour in because he was desperate to get the game going- the geezers are working very hard and they are similar to lolly imo but with carvalho having even more potential.

Really believing in this squad and the big difference is I can't see anyone going through the motions or passengers. For this reason we should be mindful about fault finding lest it come across as trashing players undeservedly- dont think anyone has done that but it is a worry with fans.

A lot of concern for Grabban, but what service did he get?

He was drifting into wide areas just to be able to touch the ball and help the team.

There were virtually no quality crosses, almost all attempts to slip it through were blocked by defenders and we didn't even manage to provoke any goalmouth scrambles

A lot of concern for Grabban, but what service did he get?

He was drifting into wide areas just to be able to touch the ball and help the team.

There were virtually no quality crosses, almost all attempts to slip it through were blocked by defenders and we didn't even manage to provoke any goalmouth scrambles

Twice Grabban was in a position to be clean through with relatively simple passes, but both passes went nowhere near him. His head seemed to drop, but when Soudani came on and Grabban moved more out towards the wing, his game really picked up again. Grabban had a poor first half, but showed he may be better as part of a twin strike force with Soudani.