Match Fred- Forest Vs Cardiff, sponsered by Reeds i | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Fred- Forest Vs Cardiff, sponsered by Reeds i

They were outnumbered, Grabban technically was the other midfielder but he doesn't do the work when we don't have the ball. Hughton didn't do anything about it and when Mick made positive changes to have a real go he just left it the same, just changed like for like players again when we needed to change shape. Could have brought Soh on gone to a back 3 had an extra cb to try and deal with Moore, taken off Grabban or Taylor off and put Mighten on to play up the middle to try and run at their cb's who don't like that but we kept lobbing high balls which they very much enjoy. Hughton is just too rigid, and he can't adapt when the other manager makes a change.

Hughton is a reactive rather pro-active manager.

The changes he made were like for like, he could see that MM was bringing on Kiefer Moore and that Garner & Yates couldn't cope.

Think Grabban went over to explain/question the tactics before they scored.

I may be in the minority, but I think we have a decent squad and I've obviously not seen Silva, Braian & Drager - however, we're playing catch up already due to a very poor pre-season.

We need a boss in midfield, someone who can lead the team, we have Yates and Garner and I don't think either are capable, thats not garners game tbf, he would be brilliant with the right players alongside. We do not have leader on or off the pitch, what is our identity ?

Make McKenna or Worrall captain, yesterdays physical battle would have suited Colback.

On another note...does anyone know why those 2 blokes were chucked out of A block yday in first half? One came back but was gone again soon after.

Hughton is a reactive rather pro-active manager.

The changes he made were like for like, he could see that MM was bringing on Kiefer Moore and that Garner & Yates couldn't cope.

Think Grabban went over to explain/question the tactics before they scored.

I may be in the minority, but I think we have a decent squad and I've obviously not seen Silva, Braian & Drager - however, we're playing catch up already due to a very poor pre-season.
Theres a decent side in this squad but he's not found it or a formation to get them playing better, mainly because he refuses to budge on his style and system apart from yesterday where arguably he's changed it and the old one would have been more effective. There's been many games where the opposition manager has tweaked things and we've started to get over run and he just stands watching, then takes off a striker or winger and puts on another striker or winger like that's going to swing the game back our way. We need a manager with fresh eyes and flexibility, the players seme to be questioning Hughton during the game now he's really got to go.

Agreed, but it doesn't help when the ball is sailing over your head all game. CH should explain why having picked creative players they are ignored in favour of long hopeful punts down field thus cutting out the middle men

I heard several of the players this last week or so say that CH gives them the freedom to play and do what they want going forward and focuses on us having shape without the ball.. I Have also heard that from his ex players at his previous sclubs. so hoofing i over midfild is in this situation th players making thiose decisions. Whilst that isnt Good enough it ddoes show its the players deciding to hoofball the thing, not his instructions.

colbck lmao .., Wozza WAS captain

If ever there was a game suited to Colback and his niggly, combatative style of play - then it was yesterday - certainly 2nd half when midfield was being dominated by Cardiff.

No point bringing on Carvalho, way too physical for him.

Grabban was better than Taylor, which isn't saying much and with service Grabban will score - indeed he scored his 44th goal in 100 starts for Forest yesterday.

Spence held his own, Lowe did OK and looked bright going forward. The major threat, repeatedly was aerial set pieces. We knew this before a ball was kicked. Forest just about did ok with Yates In front of Flint and McKenna behind him which left Worrall to pick up Morrison. Just about held our own. Then on comes Moore. Obviously we couldn’t cope. Should of immediately brought off Taylor and brought on Mbe Soh but no. Every set piece was a golden opportunity. Most teams have a big centre forward who can jump with the likes of Morrison and thus put them off. Forest have a couple of strikers who couldn’t jump the lights. Colwill might of got the goals but the battle was in the air.

Pundits seemed to agree that Cardiff's equaliser came from taking a short throw when we were set up to repel yet another long one. Still needed a double ricochet to set up the chance, but that goal still came from having giants contesting set pieces in our penalty area. Sad, as we'd coped pretty well up till then.

Second goal was sweetly constructed - would have been purring if we'd scored it. Sky suggesting Samba could have done better, but I'd say he does well to get a glove on it.