Match Fred- Forest Vs Cardiff, sponsered by Reeds i | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Fred- Forest Vs Cardiff, sponsered by Reeds i

I'd say Taylor was more or less the loan striker and grabban was playing no10, which sort of left us short in midfield as he doesn't get about much. Taylor was getting constant high balls and being hamerred by thier centre backs got nothing from the ref, its been like that for him most games he's played its hard to criticise him it's not like he's missing golden chances he's getting no chances. Needs to stay on his feet more though.

Not sure why you'd scapegoat Taylor either. Might as well blame Johnson and Zinckernaegel.

As Sky said, the latter pair got no service while Taylor and Grabban were asked to win the ball in the air against giant defenders. We needed to play the ball on the ground more.
But Pebble, you're missing the point a little IMO. Yates and Taylor are woeful players. Playing them means we are effectively playing with 9 men. You can blame any of the others also, but the others are all much better players who 'should' be contributing more to make a difference

But Pebble, you're missing the point a little IMO. Yates and Taylor are woeful players. Playing them means we are effectively playing with 9 men. You can blame any of the others also, but the others are all much better players who 'should' be contributing more to make a difference
I thought Yates played well today.

Taylor battled, didn't get anything from the ref.

Good scapegoats though.

Taylor never gets anything from the ref ....that should be refs .
He is always on his ars* never holds the ball up long enough 9 times out of 10 picks the wrong option . Is continually out muscled for a big guy and goes down too easy and theatrically , refs aren't buying it .

Taylor is an absolute joke of a player.

It is embarrassing how easily he gets knocked off the ball, but that pales into insignificance when you look at his pathetic attempts to control the ball from a fucking throw in when there is no pressure on him.

Fucking woeful

Taylor never gets anything from the ref ....that should be refs .
He is always on his ars* never holds the ball up long enough 9 times out of 10 picks the wrong option . Is continually out muscled for a big guy and goes down too easy and theatrically , refs aren't buying it .
For me, refs see him as a player that doesn't try to compete for the ball in the air. Whilst the ball's played up towards him, he backs into the defender without any real intention of actually trying to get his head on it. Grabban is very similar and it would be interesting to see how a player in the mould of Chris Martin, who can actually hold the ball up, would improve us.

I had to endure that match via TalkSport on the A1 - urrgghh.

At the start of the second half the co-commentator/pundit, identified that Garner and Yates had played well. 5 minutes into the second half he mentioned that despite his earlier comments about how well they'd played they were now outnumbered in midfield and if we didn't do something about it soon we'd pay the price. We didn't do anything about it and we did pay the price.

He also said that Cradiff were going to throw the kitchen sink at us and if we didn't change something that they would score again. . We didn't, they did.

I use these as examples of how most people can see where we are having problems but the touchline team see unwilling/incapable of doing anything about it. If Plan B is do Plan A better we're doomed.

At the start of the second half the co-commentator/pundit, identified that Garner and Yates had played well. 5 minutes into the second half he mentioned that despite his earlier comments about how well they'd played they were now outnumbered in midfield and if we didn't do something about it soon we'd pay the price. We didn't do anything about it and we did pay the price.

He also said that Cradiff were going to throw the kitchen sink at us and if we didn't change something that they would score again. . We didn't, they did.

I use these as examples of how most people can see where we are having problems but the touchline team see unwilling/incapable of doing anything about it. If Plan B is do Plan A better we're doomed.

Garner was anonymous. It was unbelievable when he was announced as MOTM.

Yates didn’t seem too bad to me, but then I reflect on how easily Cardiff were able to get at Worrall and McKenna centrally and I question how well either of them protected the back 4.

Taylor is an absolute joke of a player.

It is embarrassing how easily he gets knocked off the ball, but that pales into insignificance when you look at his pathetic attempts to control the ball from a fucking throw in when there is no pressure on him.

Fucking woeful

The only time he stands up is when the rest are taking the knee.

He is not good enough.

That the 2 in midfield isn't working, that's plain as day. Yates is a trier but isn't mobile enough at this level.

If the team (including the touchline staff) aren't rattled by this then I don't know what will.

Garner was anonymous. It was unbelievable when he was announced as MOTM.

Yates didn’t seem too bad to me, but then I reflect on how easily Cardiff were able to get at Worrall and McKenna centrally and I question how well either of them protected the back 4.
They were outnumbered, Grabban technically was the other midfielder but he doesn't do the work when we don't have the ball. Hughton didn't do anything about it and when Mick made positive changes to have a real go he just left it the same, just changed like for like players again when we needed to change shape. Could have brought Soh on gone to a back 3 had an extra cb to try and deal with Moore, taken off Grabban or Taylor off and put Mighten on to play up the middle to try and run at their cb's who don't like that but we kept lobbing high balls which they very much enjoy. Hughton is just too rigid, and he can't adapt when the other manager makes a change.

I'd say Taylor was more or less the loan striker and grabban was playing no10, which sort of left us short in midfield as he doesn't get about much. Taylor was getting constant high balls and being hamerred by thier centre backs got nothing from the ref, its been like that for him most games he's played its hard to criticise him it's not like he's missing golden chances he's getting no chances. Needs to stay on his feet more though.

I do feel for Taylor, but he's like the boy who cried wolf.... literally, threw himself to the floor in the 5-10 minutes, with hardly any contact and that sticks in the refs mind.

Mighten is guilty of that too.

I thought Grabban had a reasonable game, but Cardiff controlled midfield and we played to their strengths not ours..... that's what a coach is there for, can't believe I'm saying this but taking off Grabban or Taylor and playing Colback - allowing Garner to play in the more advanced role may have helped.

Not a game for Carvalho.

Most of us in the ground saw that and we discussed it at half time, knowing that McCarthy would bring Moore on within 10 minutes and that we'd face an onslaught.

Midfield were overrun.

Poor management.

We need a boss in midfield, someone who can lead the team, we have Yates and Garner and I don't think either are capable, thats not garners game tbf, he would be brilliant with the right players alongside. We do not have leader on or off the pitch, what is our identity ?