Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Wolves | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Wolves

Bit tough on Wolves who contributed well to a game that neither team could quite get on top in

But I'll take it,

Just glad neither of us had any more VAR issues, but then again how would they know who to give the decision to
Ha that’s true! We battled them to a standstill again just like we did at their patch despite losing the lead back then. I like Wolves and their manager but I can’t really feel sorry for them when i could have played in goal for us. It was always going to be won by one goal, we got it and the free kick apart they never looked like scoring. ⚔️

Very good player Coady is in my view,i liked him when he was here even tho he was a midfield player then.UTMPB
I was given a right roasting on owd Blades mad by some when I said we should break the bank to buy Connor when he played for us. What do I know!!🤔

Get in! Finally, a proper Norwood ball in and a great header by Egan. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong, as Wolves were as bad as they were against Arsenal. That said, our defence gave them nothing all game. Difficult to split between them for MOM, although the stats that Sky showed did support O'Connell edging it.

It was also great to shut the commentators up, who were willing Wolves on every time they got the ball. How many times did they talk about their second half record and how dangerous they would be?

I was given a right roasting on owd Blades mad by some when I said we should break the bank to buy Connor when he played for us. What do I know!!🤔
I think now we should break the bank and get Wilder and Knill on a ten year contract. He would become the Blades Alec Furguson. 🤭

Wilder must be overjoyed with the teams performance and topped off with another Egan goal.
What was Wilder saying the other day he wants the centre halves to score 8 to 10 goals a season.

Wolves are a dangerous side, but we nullified their biggest threats and looked stronger and stronger as the game went on. What a shame the goal line stuff was turned off at Villa. We'd be on 53pts now...

Such a shame too that Billys goal was just offside. What a finish that was...

What a shame the goal line stuff was turned off at Villa. We'd be on 53pts now...

I think we'd be on 56, as I the players would have gone to Newcastle buzzing in fifth place, instead of feeling sorry for themselves. It's easy to forget, given the final score, that Newcastle were just as awful as us until the red card and subsequent mistake from Enda, and were there for the taking with a better display. We were always likely to lose at Man Utd though.

We probably ended up paying more for Cuvelier than Huddersfield did for Coady.

Problem was back then all we had to offer players was third tier football.

And to make the day perfect the filthy porcine ship 2 late goals to go down down deeper and down against North End. If Carlsberg did football doubles!!!
Come on Saun be reight, it takes a special type of team to turn around a 1-0 win to 1-3 defeat in the last 10 minutes...especially with so much potentially at stake and against a side that hasn’t been able to buy a win since January.