MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v West Brom | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v West Brom

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So after the pretty decent performance but ultimately pointless at the weekend we welcome West Brom to BDBL in a last chance game I'd say. Win this and who knows, though still a tall order. Fail to win and it is all over...

So..

Any team news? :)

One or two returning?

But stick with the same starters?

Another difficult game but perform as we have in one or two of the recent games then we should have enough. 2 nil Blades win and Brewster scores at last lol....

UTB

Biggest concern for me atm is I can’t get a satellite signal due to the snow need a quick melt otherwise it’s the radio for me tonight :headphones:

Balmy down south today...thought about going out for lunch and then woke up.

Big game in the sense that we still have a chance. Hope and expect us to take the game to Brum ....he who dares wins.

2-0 Blades

I suppose a lot of people would be happy to wake up to a good 6 inches but not me :whist:

McBurnie fit and could start. Why? It would result in us hoofing instead of the good constructive stuff we've gradually got going again.
Any front 2 without him please.

Agree 100% - its a shame for McBurnie that he is becoming synonymous with that style of play - he didn't play it at previous clubs

Same team as Man City but Stevens, Osborn or Byran at LWB (Stevens if fit).

I am concerned about there new 6ft 4 striker who played well on Saturday. We need to be stronger at defending set pieces.

Last time out we should have won but they bossed the middle of the park.

If Fleck, Lunny and Norwood turn up, like they did at Man U and City, we win.

Keep Bogle at LWB unless Osborn can play.

The front two can't be anything other than McGoldrick and Burke. Burke will score against his former club.

Keep Bogle at LWB unless Osborn can play.

The front two can't be anything other than McGoldrick and Burke. Burke will score against his former club.
Bogle was our weak link last time.
We need McBurnie with his heading ability in attack and in defence.

Biggest concern for me atm is I can’t get a satellite signal due to the snow need a quick melt otherwise it’s the radio for me tonight :headphones:
Yet everything's working very well in Gods village Bully.COME ON BLADES 2-1 win FLECKY&OLI McB to score.UTMPB

bogle at the moment is not a prem wing bback cause of his naivety in the defensive side of it. we cant afford to take that chance.
my fear if we open up and make it a basket ball game is we just cant put the ball away,and we may have to score 2 or 3.
i wouldnt change the tactics and get our goal for a 1-0 win just keep it tight. playing the other way as put us rock bottom. we can afford to be open and sloppy giving the ball away like we have been doing. if we play tight then 1-0 to us. if e play open going for it . lose 2-1. utb

I'd be tempted to play Bryan,(never thought I'd say that). He, Ampadu and Fleck look fairly good as the 3 left side.
Not a bad shout that Sean,i also never thought i'd be thinking Bryan should be in the squad never mind starting but credit it where it's due the lad's done ok/well since he came into the squad in my opinion.I think Oli McB may start to help deal with the set pieces we'll have to face tonight but as always Our Chris will have his own thoughts on team selection. TONIGHTS THE NIGHT owt other than victory and i think any chance of survival will be as good as over but WIN and you just never know.UTMPB

bogle at the moment is not a prem wing bback cause of his naivety in the defensive side of it. we cant afford to take that chance.
my fear if we open up and make it a basket ball game is we just cant put the ball away,and we may have to score 2 or 3.
i wouldnt change the tactics and get our goal for a 1-0 win just keep it tight. playing the other way as put us rock bottom. we can afford to be open and sloppy giving the ball away like we have been doing. if we play tight then 1-0 to us. if e play open going for it . lose 2-1. utb
You are aware we’ve kept only one clean sheet in the league this season aren’t you

Don't foresee a massive tactical change so a rapid start, not over committed, grind it out and take our chances (for once).

They looked open at the back against Fulham so play on that, sit in, draw them in and then get on the front foot sharpish

You are aware we’ve kept only one clean sheet in the league this season aren’t you
yes and thats why we need to keep it tight playing the way we did against man united and man city ,rammers had to make 4 saves in two games against the best in the world. surely if we play the same way against the lesser teams we can reduce that even more then give our selfs a platform to scrape points in draws and wins. playing open and going for it as resulted in bottom of the league. ?