Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Tottenham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Tottenham

I watched each of our goals umpteen times last night on MOTD and I don't think we've received enough credit, the line from the national media was 'schoolboy defending from Spurs'. Our movement, energy, crisp passing, pace, strength, intelligence was first class. loved Oli's cross field pass from the right to Enda who was in plenty of space in the build up to Moose's goal.

It also backed up my belief Baldock should be player of the season. He's at the heart of everything each end of the pitch, in the refs ears when he needs to be and always one of the first in the celebrations.

Baldock put in his best performance since the restart by far.

It's funny how he's transformed while being here. From showpony to hardman :ROFLMAO:

He's even got a wrinkled forredd now.

When we had a bit of bovver with Bournemouth Baldock was second on the scene after McBurnie up for a bit of aggro.

In an interview Billy did for the club site he was asked which player has embraced bladey bladeness the most, and he said George. You can just tell he's a key character in the squad, yesterday giving Mousset some attention after his goal. Wilder has said Moose is a player who needs his "head rubbing".

When we had a bit of bovver with Bournemouth Baldock was second on the scene after McBurnie up for a bit of aggro.

In an interview Billy did for the club site he was asked which player has embraced bladey bladeness the most, and he said George. You can just tell he's a key character in the squad, yesterday giving Mousset some attention after his goal. Wilder has said Moose is a player who needs his "head rubbing".
Bladey Bladeness i aint heard that expression for awhile mate.:giggle:I seem to recall Billy sayin that abart George.He like the vast majority of the regulars has been gr8 for most of the season but i think him & Enda have been poor since the return(by their usual standards) up the the ARSEnal tie.I think Sunday will be a hard game as it's another quick turnround and Burnley will have had almost a week off.UTMPB

Mourinho his normal graceless self on Sky Sports. After whingeng about the decision re VAR he was asked about the performance. " What can you do when Henderson is pumping the ball 75 yards in the air, you can't press" He implied we were parking the bus too

Did he not notice all 3 goals were scored with intricate passes THROUGH their defence?

He did give some griudging praise for our back 5 defending and effort but, a la Mourinho, managed to make it sound a sin,a sort of anti football tactic.............................................from the original bus driver!!!

It's night's like this, and reactions like that, that make me love putting it up 'em.

It's not a tactic that we've used religiously though, and to be fair to some clubs they've stopped Henderson bowling it out, by cutting off Stevens and Baldock.

The ultimate compliment to us

Every time Henderson got the ball it looked like three or four Spurs players were really tight on our defenders. It's the criticism that we've started to receive after two defeats that we're no different to Stoke. Perhaps we'd look much more stylish and debonair if Henderson rolled it out to one of our defenders who has three men on him, all in the name of perfect football.

By contrast every time Spurs goalkeeper got the ball our players would immediately drop back into their covering positions and let them have what they want, ie, too piss about with the ball in their own half looking ever so stylish and continental, but ultimately doing fuck all.

At least they looked ok to the plastic millions, they definitely battered shyte old us and we were lucky because we only had 33% possession

It's not a tactic that we've used religiously though, and to be fair to some clubs they've stopped Henderson bowling it out, by cutting off Stevens and Baldock.

The ultimate compliment to us

Every time Henderson got the ball it looked like three or four Spurs players were really tight on our defenders. It's the criticism that we've started to receive after two defeats that we're no different to Stoke. Perhaps we'd look much more stylish and debonair if Henderson rolled it out to one of our defenders who has three men on him, all in the name of perfect football.

By contrast every time Spurs goalkeeper got the ball our players would immediately drop back into their covering positions and let them have what they want, ie, too piss about with the ball in their own half looking ever so stylish and continental, but ultimately doing fuck all.

At least they looked ok to the plastic millions, they definitely battered shyte old us and we were lucky because we only had 33% possession
It's comforting to watch us drop off and see teams passing it endlessly across the pitch. We keep an excellent shape and pick the ball off when we press. They looked better in the 1st half when, a couple of times we pressed high and they played through us with a couple of smart passes.

2nd half we sat a bit deeper and, as you say, their endless tippy -tappy looked pretty but was totally ineffective and never looked like getting through.

CW schooled Mourinho tactically but the pundits could only see how poor Spurs were. Myopia, astigmatism or just plain not a big club blindness!

Also known as the Norwich way. It's extremely successful in the PL, as long as you turn the table upside down...

Ahhh yes, lovely little Norwich.
They tried in every game to out football teams that cost 50 x more instead of using their heads.

But this is what the big clubs fans appreciate, a team that makes it easy for them.
Any team that gives them a game, and heaven forbid beats them by working hard and not bowing down and showing them respect are just a bunch of hoofers.