Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Tottenham | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Tottenham

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So home again. Not that, on the whole, it makes any major difference right now. So we welcome Spurs and have every reason to believe in our ability to get the 3. Very difficult game though...

Anyway...

Any team news?

JOC to return?

Lundstram?

Forwards?

We've had a bad return, and our main rivals seem to have done ok. I'm not ruling out anything league position wise yet, but this needs to be a game to kick on. 2-0 to us

Watch safe. ;)

Like to see JOC back. We've lost our left side. Enda and JOC just click in their movement and that has been a problem for sure. Other than that, lots of our rivals at the top are playing crap and losing. Don't rule anything out just yet. Nice little win tonight and we're back in the thick of it.

i can see us definately competing but just come up short. they just have to much going forward,where as we have nothing in the way of a goal threat. 1-0 or 2-0 tottenham.
come on you bladesssssssssssssss

I fancy us to take the lead, then bore the absolute living sh!t out of them and hold onto a 1-1 draw.

I think the line up is predictable.

Hendo
Baldock Bash Egan Robinson Stevens
Berge Norwood Fleck
McBurnie McGoldrick

As long as he doesn't go with the awful McB/Sharp combo again.

I wish he'd go with Stevens LCB and Osborn LWB but that won't happen. Osborn must be pleased.

If we see a good performance from Berge here, that will be more than enough for me. We need him to be a big player for us. Evidence that he will be would be a big relief ahead of next season.

I fancy us to take the lead, then bore the absolute living sh!t out of them and hold onto a 1-1 draw.

I think the line up is predictable.

Hendo
Baldock Bash Egan Robinson Stevens
Berge Norwood Fleck
McBurnie McGoldrick

As long as he doesn't go with the awful McB/Sharp combo again.

I wish he'd go with Stevens LCB and Osborn LWB but that won't happen. Osborn must be pleased.

If we see a good performance from Berge here, that will be more than enough for me. We need him to be a big player for us. Evidence that he will be would be a big relief ahead of next season.

I'd like to see Osborn as well, but I would replace Stevens who has been poor since the restart. Robinson hasn't done anything to suggest he should be out of the side ahead of him.

Given that Lunny is likely out altogether, who's toe will they attack a low-res pixel to in order to disallow a goal?

I'd like to see Osborn as well, but I would replace Stevens who has been poor since the restart. Robinson hasn't done anything to suggest he should be out of the side ahead of him.

Given that Lunny is likely out altogether, who's toe will they attack a low-res pixel to in order to disallow a goal?

I'll go with McBurnie.

But only after waiting 3 minutes before even looking at the screen and taking another 3 minutes micro analysing the footage, completely oblivious to the fact people want to watch football and they're ruining the game.....

I'll go with McBurnie.

But only after waiting 3 minutes before even looking at the screen and taking another 3 minutes micro analysing the footage, completely oblivious to the fact people want to watch football and they're ruining the game.....
The VAR man should have just 3 looks at an incident then if not sure he doesn't give it.

The VAR man should have just 3 looks at an incident then if not sure he doesn't give it.

Speed and minimal disruption needs to be prioritised over millimetres.

How they take so long and STILL get them wrong is totally amazing. I've seen it countless times. Mallorca game the other night, blatant dive, ref gives a pen. Ref takes about 5 minutes waiting/looking....... and still gives it. 1-0, time wasted, game changed.

The priorities seem to be this:

1. Millimetres
2. Rigidly following the 'process'
3. Pride
4. Speed

There's an opportunity to really improve the game but they're totally incapable of taking it.

Common sense is dying.

I think we are slowly coming back to our pre-pandemic form. This maybe a game too early but i think we could get a 1-1 draw to help boost morale. I admire the way McBurnoe and Berge cam back, after a bucket load of abuse, to put in good performances. We now need the old Fleck back and a fit JOC and things will start to look up.

I'd be happy with a draw - and another improved performance. A goal for McBurnie would be nice too if you're asking :yes:

Disappointing that Fleck and Freezy are injured, but a big chance for Ben Osborn to show what he can do in the middle of the park after some decent cameos at LWB before the lockdown.