Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v The Owls | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v The Owls

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So with a seemingly full squad to choose from we 'welcome' our neighbours from across the city to BDBL. And what a match in store. Sure both teams are somewhat apart in form, though even we have only won 1 in the last 4, but we all know derby day is a match we're form counts for little. However, passion does, so I think we should be ok on that front too.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Bash immediately returning?

Sharp surely gets the nod this time v the Wednesday

Clarke 6 in 6 previous games v these, surely he appears at some stage?

Soooo looking forward to this. Must be careful though and play as we do against all opposition, there is no requirement to change anything against these. Perhaps an eye on Reach, but being mindful is sufficient. Nerves will probably play a part, but if we can get an early goal then it could be a long light for them. And despite all their desperate comments, I think a steady 3-1 Blades win is unlikely to have them celebrating at only losing by a couple of goals....

UTB and FTP

I'd forgotten all about it :rolleyes:

I'll settle for any kind of win. Billy and McGoldrick up front, Duffmeister in behind and we'll be fine. We need an early goal though. They will play 9-0-1.

So with a seemingly full squad to choose from we 'welcome' our neighbours from across the city to BDBL. And what a match in store. Sure both teams are somewhat apart in form, though even we have only won 1 in the last 4, but we all know derby day is a match we're form counts for little. However, passion does, so I think we should be ok on that front too.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Bash immediately returning?

Sharp surely gets the nod this time v the Wednesday

Clarke 6 in 6 previous games v these, surely he appears at some stage?

Soooo looking forward to this. Must be careful though and play as we do against all opposition, there is no requirement to change anything against these. Perhaps an eye on Reach, but being mindful is sufficient. Nerves will probably play a part, but if we can get an early goal then it could be a long light for them. And despite all their desperate comments, I think a steady 3-1 Blades win is unlikely to have them celebrating at only losing by a couple of goals....

UTB and FTP
TONIGHT's THE NIGHT,let's hope we're SAILING to 3 points.Sir TUFTY sez we've had a gr8 week at Cliffe let's hope we carry it on toneet and gi them oinkers a pastin.Either Leon or Didsy i aint bothered who starts but surely BILLY has to start.1-0 BLADES is my prediction.This fixture is the only one i still get nervous abart,normally i turn up to BDBL to enjoy watchin us play but against these gits i'm alluss nervous,even when we play em at academy level i dunt like it if they get even a corner against us.Try and get theer early BLADES theer's gunna be a special commemoration for remembrance day at 7.30pm,why did they call it the gr8 war?It's horrific what the forces went through. WE'RE ON THE MARCH WI WILDER'S ARMY. UTCB

Last edited:
TONIGHT's THE NIGHT,let's hope we're SAILING to 3 points.Sir TUFTY sez we've had a gr8 week at Cliffe let's hope we carry it on toneet and gi them oinkers a pastin.Either Leon or Didsy i aint bothered who starts but surely BILLY has to start.1-0 BLADES is my prediction.This fixture is the only one i still get nervous abart,normally i turn up to BDBL to enjoy watchin us play but against these gits i'm alluss nervous,even when we play em at academy level i dunt like it if they get even a corner against us.Try and get theer early BLADES theer's gunna be a special commemoration for remembrance day at 7.30pm,why did they call it the gr8 war?It's horrific what the forces went through. WE'RE ON THE MARCH WI WILDER'S ARMY. UTCB
I think it's 'great' as in 'large', rather than 'excellent'.

Full squad....... no worries.....sumats not reight!

If were 5-0 up wi 30 secs to go were in wi a chance.

Remember we always get a kick in the bo110x....... it's THE BLADES WAY

Fingers crossed.

Start on front foot like we usually do get the lane rocking if we can get an early goal I really feel with the young lads they've got they arses might open up !! UTB.....don't like derbies tho

Flecky's young un goes to the cresh where my youngest son's girlfriend works and she asked him yesdi if Daddy's team was gunna win toinght and he said yes 10-0 How good would that be? I May have a quid on't scorecast.:LOL: UTCB

Please lets have a comfortable night
2-0 at half time
Early goal in second half
Watch those piggies squirm
Brace for Billy 1 for Ollie
COYRAWW

CONFIRMED TEAMS

Blades: Henderson, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Sharp, Egan, Norwood, McGoldrick, Freeman, Duffy.
Subs: Baldock, Clarke, Coutts, Stearman, Johnson, Moore, Washington.

Oinkers: Dawson, Fox, Pelupessy, Fletcher, Bannan, Thorniley, Lees, Reach, Baker, Hector, Penney.
Subs: Palmer, Onomah, Nuhiu, Joao, Matias, Wildsmith, Pudil.

We look at full strength. No Forest Fairy for them.

No forest fairy for them is a bonus, looking forward to seeing their stylish goalkeeper plus back ten formation as they gun for a 0-0 win. Expect them to sit back all day and hope for a break. They might surprise me and go for it but I'll be surprised, we need to be a damn sight better than the Forest game though

As we feared really. We had all the ball but didn't do enough with it, and they defended like beavers. Poor penalty, but that's penalties for you. Everyone misses one now and again. No doubt the oinkers will be celebrating like they won 3-0.

Disappointed, we were poor in the final third and ran out of ideas. We over played it time and again. Oinkers celebrated like they had won the league, very sad.

Disappointed, we were poor in the final third and ran out of ideas. We over played it time and again. Oinkers celebrated like they had won the league, very sad.

All just shows the level of their ambition and ours. As much as we over played, they really had a back 6, and were always going to be hard work. Oh well, on to the next one.

Destroyed Derby in 1st half, destroyed Stoke, destroyed pigs tonight

2 points though.

Overplaying at times but, with a tad more creativity and more clinical finishing that would be 7 points.
You can't fault the style, the commitment, the effort but it's aresults game.

Same as last season, they had little ambition other than to survive, had the penalty gone in they would have had to come out at some point and we would have got a couple more. Has to be seen as two points lost, penalty miss was crucial, never fancied him with the short run up. Could not be happy though as a pig fan even with the point, they are shit, bring in forest fairy and it changes nothing, they still wont get the ball to him enough. They are realistic candidates for the drop if they continue like this.

Same as last season, they had little ambition other than to survive, had the penalty gone in they would have had to come out at some point and we would have got a couple more. Has to be seen as two points lost, penalty miss was crucial, never fancied him with the short run up. Could not be happy though as a pig fan even with the point, they are shit, bring in forest fairy and it changes nothing, they still wont get the ball to him enough. They are realistic candidates for the drop if they continue like this.
very dissapointing but the result i expected only 1 team played football tonight and thats the worst pigs team ive seen in years if goldies pen had gone in we would have won comfortably by 3 or 4 but we still mess about too much out wide instead of getting the ball in the box and that final third is gonna cost us im afraid unless we can address it in january

Well that was certainly 90 minutes in Sheffield on a Friday night.

The dour Dutchman set up his team to park the bus and we ran out of puff after 35 minutes. Deja vu. Not really much to talk about, low quality game ... Both teams' final ball was terrible.

Oh, and Norwood looked twice the player Bazza Bannan is. And that's not a short arse joke.

Glad I'm reading a sensible forum. If you believe s24su we were all 8 and 9 performances. After a good first half we never troubled the poorest team to come down to the Lane this season second half.They didn't have to work hard for their 0-0 win.

Possession doesn't win games, first time crosses at pace do, we had very few of these tonight. Even if we had there would have been no-one on the end of the ball as only Sharp was up front with Goldie playing too deep. Norwood rarely ventured over the half way line and our build up play was so laboured. We had pace on the bench in Johnson and Washington but they were never used even though we had two spare subs. Clarke should have been on earlier.

Big fan of CW but being a Blade seems to have affected him in the last two derbies at Home. Thought we settled for a point in the last 10 minutes again. Yes they were ultra defensive and never tested Henderson but we need to have a Plan B. No sign of that this season and yet another second half fade out. Dawson was only really tested three times in the game. Thats not good enough.