MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton | Page 10 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton

Let’s see how we go next season. It took us nigh on a decade to find a decent manager last time we were relegated from the PL under McCabe and also the Prince so I’ve no great confidence we’ll suddenly find anybody better. Just take a look across at the Pigs, 4 managers this season alone and look at where they are.

We know Wilder can hack it at Championship level and although he’s had a bit of a mare himself this season there as some extenuating circumstances. I want him to stay and hopefully he’ll learn a lot from this season.

I don’t want Chris to leave mate
Got to be careful what you wish for
But, I have never seen at team with so much promise, capitulate so easily, show such negative tactics, and players have such a disinterested in the game
Sheffield United have always given 100% when on the pitch, we as fans, would never accept otherwise
That’s why we Love Bash, gives his all!!!
I think it’s a really worrying time
Just my opinion
There's no doubt it'a very worrying time Raysa.I thought we started ok today but we do lack with the final ball,i mean when Didsy had the chance to put Brewster through he made a r8 Ball ax of the pass.We defo got worse has the game went on and i'm worried that we're going to have another manager in next season and although our Chris has made mistakes this season for me he's still the man for us.UTMPB

The Lundstram situation I find completely baffling. For me a 'contract rebel' should never be playing particularly, in my opinion, completely overrated and far too inconsistent eg plays 1 half decent game in 12. He must have something over Wilder to play regularly. Can't say CW has had no choice but to play him through injuries etc. Let's be honest, he's known the intentions of this player for a long time and could have resolved it by replacing him with someone else from the Championship or even league 1.
As mentioned before Saints have players like Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, even Redmond who can produce something out of nothing. Fact is we haven't, will that change? Can't see to be honest. CW just does not like/play the creative types. I think after best part 5 years the 'band of brothers' are fed up of listening to the same voice. It happens in life. Forget the sentiment.
And yet we all agree our the football used to be a joy to watch and he also played with Duffy regularly in the side successfully for 3 seasons albeit he was the the occasional fall guy, so maybe it’s just at this level that he doesn’t feel comfortable playing a number 10? My guess is that Freeman will play there next season.

Let’s see how we go next season. It took us nigh on a decade to find a decent manager last time we were relegated from the PL under McCabe and also the Prince so I’ve no great confidence we’ll suddenly find anybody better. Just take a look across at the Pigs, 4 managers this season alone and look at where they are.

We know Wilder can hack it at Championship level and although he’s had a bit of a mare himself this season there as some extenuating circumstances. I want him to stay and hopefully he’ll learn a lot from this season.
:clap::clap::clap: Well said Gray.UTMPB

The next transfer window is crucial. Sell Berge and get 2 quality midfield players in. Also clear out Lundstram, Norwood, Rodwell, Jags, Stevens, Robinson and Moose.

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
Decided to liten to P&G to hear some squealing pigs

The last one is looking forward to next season because 'both clubs are going to get relegated so I can't wait for the Sheffield derby'

There's always someone worse off than you think you are

There's no doubt it'a very worrying time Raysa.I thought we started ok today but we do lack with the final ball,i mean when Didsy had the chance to put Brewster through he made a r8 Ball ax of the pass.We defo got worse has the game went on and i'm worried that we're going to have another manager in next season and although our Chris has made mistakes this season for me he's still the man for us.UTMPB
I can’t get my head round it mate, some of my favourite players, looking a shadow of them selves
Chris, hasn’t suddenly become a bad manager, but, things for some reason, are not right
And yes, I worry if he leaves or gets the sack, who will take charge, because there is some real crap out there!!

I can’t get my head round it mate, some of my favourite players, looking a shadow of them selves
Chris, hasn’t suddenly become a bad manager, but, things for some reason, are not right
And yes, I worry if he leaves or gets the sack, who will take charge, because there is some real crap out there!!
One positive is that Rammers is showing what a very decent shot stopper he is lately,he's still got a lot to learn but he's done very well in these 3 home games we've just had.I feared the worst today after the effort the boys put in v Vile-a with 10 men for more than an hour and with the lack of choice to change a few players it always looked difficult for us today,even tho the Saints were on a poor run themselves.UTMPB

:clap::clap::clap: Well said Gray.UTMPB
Thing is Rod, the two Sheffield teams have had nigh on 30 years of managers who’ve failed between them since 2000. I think anybody calling for Wilder to be replaced at this stage need to think long and hard about who we could bring in who could do a better job than Wilder could do.

It’s not at all a sentimental view mate it’s based on his previous performances at Championship level and I fully understand that this season won’t make things any easier for him. He’ll be under a lot more pressure from the off if we don’t hit the ground running because of the people who now doubt him, but unless the £billions start rolling in, I can’t name anybody who could obviously do a better job (IF Wilder is still up for it) AND who would want to come to the Lane. We’d be back on the lower league or old dinosaur manager treadmill or maybe a dip in the unknown foreign market. I‘m not saying he deserves a chance out if loyalty to him, I’m saying giving him another chance is probably still the best next move for all concerned if his heart is still in it.

One positive is that Rammers is showing what a very decent shot stopper he is lately,he's still got a lot to learn but he's done very well in these 3 home games we've just had.I feared the worst today after the effort the boys put in v Vile-a with 10 men for more than an hour and with the lack of choice to change a few players it always looked difficult for us today,even tho the Saints were on a poor run themselves.UTMPB
Not 100% convinced about Rammers
But , at least he deserves his shirt, and showing promise
His confidence has grown, no doubt, which can only be good thing
Our coaches need to earn there corn!!
About the game, I just couldn’t see where our goal was coming from, our midfield totally bypassed, we (were) looked poor in quite a few areas
Chris see what we see, Lundstrum especially really frustrates me, we build up momentum, Lunny gets it and it totally breaks down, because, he’s turns 90 degrees , passes it backwards, not occasionally, almost all the time, the thing is, he as got a pass in him, but for whatever reason, refuses to use it!!
Chris should fine him, for every negative pass , when not necessary!!!
He infuriates me, he really does

The next transfer window is crucial. Sell Berge and get 2 quality midfield players in. Also clear out Lundstram, Norwood, Rodwell, Jags, Stevens, Robinson and Moose.
Agreed except for Norwood. We know that he’s constantly been a very good player at Championship level for several clubs and at 29 he’s not too old to be a very good player for us again next season. I don’t think the fact that he hasn't really cut it against some of the best players in the world this season should cloud our judgement mate. The Championship on this seasons viewing is a million miles behind the PL.

Last edited:
Thing is Rod, the two Sheffield teams have had nigh on 30 years of managers who’ve failed between them since 2000. I think anybody calling for Wilder to be replaced at this stage need to think long and hard about who we could bring in who could do a better job than Wilder could do.

It’s not at all a sentimental view mate it’s based on his previous performances at Championship level and I fully understand that this season won’t make things any easier for him. He’ll be under a lot more pressure from the off if we don’t hit the ground running because of the people who now doubt him, but unless the £billions start rolling in, I can’t name anybody who could obviously do a better job (IF Wilder is still up for it) AND who would want to come to the Lane. We’d be back on the lower league or old dinosaur manager treadmill or maybe a dip in the unknown foreign market. I‘m not saying he deserves a chance out if loyalty to him, I’m saying giving him another chance is probably still the best next move for all concerned if his heart is still in it.
I've said before Gray there were plenty who wanted Warnock out after relegation,3 months later with Robson in charge the same fans were slating the club for not sticking with Warnock.I understand the frustrations of this season jeeezzzz i'm frustrated and some missen but be careful what ya wish for is my message to the fans who want a change.By the way i'd love us to keep Sander but alas i think he'll move on. UTMPB

im 100 percent with you on this

And yet we all agree our the football used to be a joy to watch and he also played with Duffy regularly in the side successfully for 3 seasons albeit he was the the occasional fall guy, so maybe it’s just at this level that he doesn’t feel comfortable playing a number 10? My guess is that Freeman will play there next season.
he said he was gonna tweak it and dropped a duffy type player the result shows

Not 100% convinced about Rammers
But , at least he deserves his shirt, and showing promise
His confidence has grown, no doubt, which can only be good thing
Our coaches need to earn there corn!!
About the game, I just couldn’t see where our goal was coming from, our midfield totally bypassed, we (were) looked poor in quite a few areas
Chris see what we see, Lundstrum especially really frustrates me, we build up momentum, Lunny gets it and it totally breaks down, because, he’s turns 90 degrees , passes it backwards, not occasionally, almost all the time, the thing is, he as got a pass in him, but for whatever reason, refuses to use it!!
Chris should fine him, for every negative pass , when not necessary!!!
He infuriates me, he really does
it would be good if our inept strikers atually made runs theough the channels ,they dont they get to the final third and turn their backs to the goal instead being on the half turn for the pass to be played in front of em.

keep the squad together apart from the dead wood ie rodwell jags robinson and the likes add a good centre half and two creative duffys. add a young hungry fast striker for didzy and sharp to play cameos. then i do believe we,ll get promoted.

I know people want to cut CW some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt. Answer me then why we have made no attempt to move away from 3 5 2, and why we start as near as dammit the team from the previous defeat. What do we do first game next season? 3-5-2 and see how we go?

If he'd been shuffling a bit to see if we can improve, I could accept it, but its 'win, lose or draw this is how we play'. Same underperformers on the pitch, week in week out. He looks to be just going through the motions and so wedded to his wonderful system that no one can question it.

If forest decide not to take their option to buy that is

After match interview ”we have to shake things up move a few out and bring a few in”
mousse has got to be one probably lunny another with ampadu leaving as well could be more for me Steven’s has looked way off
who else do you think should be looking over their shoulder