MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton (League Cup 3rd Rnd) | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton (League Cup 3rd Rnd)

£45 million pound on players who don’t have the technique to score a penalty. The positive is we went toe to toe with a Premiership team. Onwards and upwards.

Was a good game I really enjoyed it biggest surprise was we scored 2 pens their keeper was huge he looked twice the size of little old league one Wes who pulled a stunning save off to keep the scores level in normal time all their fans were up cheering thinking they’d scored
enda played well enough for me for him to start on sat

Enjoyed the game. Competitive and very open with both teams trying to win.
Good, battling performance from our lads. Shame about the penalties but hey-ho, we’ve lost far more important games than that one due to the dreaded penalties.
C’est la vie, mes amis!

Pens in front of an empty Kop then.

Sure that didn't help Southampton at all.

Sure we had an atmosphere too.

Well done Stephen, well done Jurgen!

Pair of spastics.

As for Brewster and McPub - it's hilarious really.

Pick 2 players to miss our pens........

...... it has to be the pair of £20m players whose job it is to score goals.

Seems as though Brewsters career is dying slowly, match by match, miss by miss.Someone, anyone, please put him, and us, out of our misery quickly

Must be the worst striker buy in PL history- and it's not as though he hasn't got competion for that title- mainly from within the squad.

Brewster is like our Joao Felix - minus the talent and occasional flash.

It is genuinely hard to think of a more disastrous signing, anywhere. Most comparisons would be at rich clubs who could afford to write off the fee.

I have read some more encouraging things about his performance last night though - maybe he ran around a little bit.

If the amount of money spent on a player is meant to correlate to penalty success, then Man U have just wasted loads on Jaden Sancho! At least they were willing to step up and take one. Fulham's strikers took the seventh (scored) and eighth (missed) penalties in their defeat to Leeds...

If Brewster and McBurnie had taken a pentalty as lazy as the one taken at Villa by Lundstram or tried a Panenka I'd be annoyed. They picked their spots and cracked the ball with plenty of oomph - just got to credit Forster for two good saves, he looked massive in their goal.

It was an entertaining back and forth game of football between two teams both wanting to win. It's disappointing to lose but most punters went home happy.

If Brewster and McBurnie had taken a pentalty as lazy as the one taken at Villa by Lundstram or tried a Panenka I'd be annoyed. They picked their spots and cracked the ball with plenty of oomph - just got to credit Forster for two good saves, he looked massive in their goal.

It was an entertaining back and forth game of football between two teams both wanting to win. It's disappointing to lose but most punters went home happy.
I thought it was a cracking game,that save by Fodderingham late on was tremendous and it was by far the best i've seen him play for us.We scored two very good goals and the crosses for both from Bogle & Ossy were superb.Those sat with me all said it was a bit like a Basketball game in that it was end to end,we have a go they had a go.Ward Prowse made a big difference when he came on,his deliveries were excellent.Possibly most disappointing thing for me was the turnout(Under 9k) and full respect to those that travelled from Sarfampton(looked about 1k) I'm not knocking anyone that didn't go but i was thinking 15k minimum would be there,after all £15 & £10 to watch a game is a very good price in my view.Guedioura looked mobile but got caught in posession a few times but he looks like he will be a decent signing,i thought Enda played well but as expected tired towards the end,i thought Bash did well at Centre Back,i also thought Oli McB played well and Rhian looked up for it when he came on and there's definitely a player in N'daiye but he should've scored in the first half after a luvly run from him he missed a one on one with the Keeper.Osborn was miles better/more effective than Freeman.All in all there was a lot of positives last night and i'm really looking forward to Satdi's game.UP THE BLADES