MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton (League Cup 3rd Rnd) | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Southampton (League Cup 3rd Rnd)

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
After that very solid performance on Saturday we face a very different challenge in the shape of Southampton. They had a good result on Saturday but have yet to win this season in the league in 5 outings. However they did win 8 nil away in the last round!!! 🙄🤔

So...

Any team news? 😀

Obviously changes HAVE to be made...

Due to Hourihane and Gibbs-White being Cup tied..

I'm sad about that..

But the squad looks much better now and the replacements will be solid.

Who leads the line... Surely Brewster plays...?

I'm looking forward to this, and there should be availability to watch it too hopefully. Anyway I'll predict for now 1-1 and a penalty shootout. Might change my mind depending on lineup...

UTB

I would think our latest signing will start after his sub appearance at Hull,he needs game time.I think probably Wes in goal,Bash,Norwood and N'diaye may start.I hope we win but i think the Saints will probably have too much for us and i expect Adams to score for them if he plays.UTB

I think we should stick with Olsen, try Davies at left back, Bogle at right back and Bash and Egan at CB. That defence needs some playing time together. I would also like to see Brunt get a game with Guedioura and Fleck. A front 3 of Brewster, Ndiaye and McBurnie. I don't expect a win but it is another game for Slav to fine tune the squad to his system.

I think we should stick with Olsen, try Davies at left back, Bogle at right back and Bash and Egan at CB. That defence needs some playing time together. I would also like to see Brunt get a game with Guedioura and Fleck. A front 3 of Brewster, Ndiaye and McBurnie. I don't expect a win but it is another game for Slav to fine tune the squad to his system.
Egan needs to be rested....he palyed all the games on the international break.

I would save most valuable players for league. Team
Fog
Bogle Basham Lopota Robinson
Brunt Norwood Freeman
Guediora
McBurnie Brewster

The highlight of this game no matter what will be the shame and embarrassment of the empty Kop.

Btw, the people responsible for that are indeed our snakey chief exec Mr Bettis and....... health and safety officer Jurgen Morton-Hall. Two guys who, it goes without saying, obviously understand football conventions, supporter culture and Sheffield United implicitly......

Last edited:
The highlight of this game no matter what will be the shame and embarrassment of the empty Kop.

Btw, the people responsible for that are indeed our snakey chief exec Mr Bettis and....... healthy and safety officer Jurgen Morton-Hall. Two guys who, it goes without saying, obviously understand football conventions, supporter culture and Sheffield United implicitly......

Well, as Mr Morton Hall has been doing this job for the club for 20 years (according to his Linkedin ) I doubt that bringing that into question will get you very far. I suggest that the Kop decision was more than likely a commercial one, based on stewards and catering.

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I feel no shame or embarrassment at all that the Kop isn't open. Maybe its just you..?

11 changes for us, same for Soton.

Blades: Foderingham, Stevens, Basham, McBurnie, Burke, Freeman, Norwood, Robinson, Bogle, Guedioura, Ndiaye.

Subs: Verrips, Fleck, Brewster, Sharp, Osborn, Norrington-Davies, Lopata.

Oh dear.
I’m now beginning to regret buying a ticket for this one :cry:
Better than watching the tele though. :geek:

Still in Port Soller Mallorca. Don't really give a flying.
Well I do but you get my drift. Happy to be avoiding the murder epidemic in Shitfield. Stay safe.