MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston | Page 3 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston

Game management as well from Slav, when we went 2-1 up he should have brought McBurnie on and taken Sharp off.

Slav had used all three subs chasing the lead before Berge scored. Game management was fine, PNE were dead on their feet and we we're playing canny keep ball - then the most experienced player on the pitch gives a cheap free kick away before Robinson makes a mess of a header that should be food and drink to any pro defender.

Slav had used all three subs chasing the lead before Berge scored. Game management was fine, PNE were dead on their feet and we we're playing canny keep ball - then the most experienced player on the pitch gives a cheap free kick away before Robinson makes a mess of a header that should be food and drink to any pro defender.
Agree a stupid free kick to give away but it has been said before we have had that issue at the back for 12 months now, so not really a surprise. We need some height and Davies does not give us that (although a good player and a huge upgrade on Robinson).

Last edited:
Agree a stupid free kick to give away but it has been said before we have had that issue at the back for 12 months now, so not really a surprise. We need some height and Davies not not give us that (although a good player and a huge upgrade on Robinson).

Lopata would be a good insurance policy to have on the bench, we've seen in the cup how useful in the air he is in both boxes. Whether we're chasing games or protecting a lead he's worth a few ten minute cameos.

If baffles me how meek Berge is considering his size. A 6'5 player who doesn't even want to get in the box for corners, it's absurd. He should be putting the fear of god in Championship defenders and acting the biggest bully on the pitch.

Lopata would be a good insurance policy to have on the bench, we've seen in the cup how useful in the air he is in both boxes. Whether we're chasing games or protecting a lead he's worth a few ten minute cameos.

If baffles me how meek Berge is considering his size. A 6'5 player who doesn't even want to get in the box for corners, it's absurd. He should be putting the fear of god in Championship defenders and acting the biggest bully on the pitch.
It's just not Berge's thing but i will say with his first touch of the ball he drove forward. Something that neither Fleck, Freeman or Norwood were doing. Both him and Brewster were much more positive. Robinson was the main weak link last night.

I thought we played very well going forward again last night but we can't keep giving sloppy/poor goals away.The last 4 goals have been pish poor from our point of view and i was gutted when they equalised last night.I know Robbo's left footed and that's probably the reason why he's been picked instead of Bash but he's given the opposition 2 goals in the last 2 home games.Do we know what's up with Davies? It was a terrific goal from MGW and we played some luvly stuff i thought.Oh well on to Hull on satdi.UTB

MGW's goal was a beautiful strike and as ya say the move for the 2nd was beautiful to see,but as i've said previously we do need to stop giving sloppy goals away.Will i see you at Hull on Satdi or are you busy? I see some fans are rightly upset at the prices Derby fans are being charged for the game at BDBL,£37 for adults and even £31 for seniors,they are very steep in my view. UTB

MGW's goal was a beautiful strike and as ya say the move for the 2nd was beautiful to see,but as i've said previously we do need to stop giving sloppy goals away.Will i see you at Hull on Satdi or are you busy? I see some fans are rightly upset at the prices Derby fans are being charged for the game at BDBL,£37 for adults and even £31 for seniors,they are very steep in my view. UTB
If you bothered to read this forum you would know that not only am I working but even if I wasn’t I wouldn’t be going and I can’t be arsed to to type it all again
disgraceful what we’re charging both home and away fans this season
this is one subject where we miss k macs input he had many faults but he always kept it affordable for fans

If you bothered to read this forum you would know that not only am I working but even if I wasn’t I wouldn’t be going and I can’t be arsed to to type it all again
disgraceful what we’re charging both home and away fans this season
this is one subject where we miss k macs input he had many faults but he always kept it affordable for fans
I can't be bothered reading every post on every thread on here,when i do read some of the threads a certain Mardy arse accuses me of Stalking.:giggle:Why couldn't you have just said no you're not going to Hull,jeeeezzzzzzzzz have you been hit with Mardy stick as well.:nerner::finger::giggle:

As far as I'm concerned I've been proven absolutely right so far to have been shouting for Jake Cooper for so long, as a must sign and a preferable option to Davies.

We are fragile as fuck. It's pathetic and inexcusable.

Cooper would have solved that almost single handedly and would have been a sound investment.

His physical dominance would have been felt far, far more than Davies' extra ability on the ball.

Anyone else think their CF Emil Riis looked good?
Did you watch the game on TV Herby? Because from where i sit in the family stand i thought he cudda.shudda seen a red card for his tackle in the first half. I thought he looked decent but our defence tends to make most oppo forwards look decent don't they.Johnson had a good game for Preston i thought,he's been a very good player at this level for years.UTB

Johnson does well against us every time.

Would have probably been a better signing than Freeman.

Can't remember the Riis tackle. No replays shown on Sky red button. Fucking useless cameraman as well.

Did think he looked like an interesting prospect though. Good physical unit, mobile with good feet.

The 'Karma' thread on S2 is absolutely bang right.

If the fans were giving it the 'ole' stuff when we string 3 passes together.....
If the God awful 'take your time Sheff United' chant was being sung.....
If we were time wasting with minutes still to play and fans were applauding it.....

... we got EXACTLY what we deserved.

Pathetic stuff.

I'd fine any player that starts to waste time. It's contagious. When one does it they all have to do it.

Unfortunately those approving fans can't be fined.....