MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Newcastle United | Page 8 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Newcastle United

They were shocking weren’t they? My only worry was after we scored, it was like they couldn’t remember what it’s like to close down games for a win ...which to be fair..neither could I 😂⚔️
I said to myself that, if it could be guaranteed, I would prefer on 89th minute winner because that was always going to be an issue.

Luckily they are toothless and even Carroll coming on didn't make them as aggressive as you would expect a team to be in that situation , particularly against a team like us ATM. Brucie really is a flair killer and their forums make the pigs look rational.

One comment from NUFC site-"Sheffield United have just won their first game in 18 attempts tonight and I’d swap managers with them in a heartbeat. That’s how turboshit this obese cockend is"

Last edited:
Gerrin'
KrmGQ5w.jpg

h
A word about Ampadu as well who I've been critical of. Thought this was his best and maturist showing. He was calming the team down those final minutes and wasted a bit of time with some canny gamesmanship.
Credit where it’s due he played well tonight he owes us a few more of those before he goes back tho

Credit where it’s due he played well tonight he owes us a few more of those before he goes back tho

Fair enough - he was good tonight. As was Fleck who seemed to finally wake up from his hibernation period after a glaring error in the first half.

Also thought Brewster looked good - we are starting to see glimpses of a very exciting player.

Fair enough - he was good tonight. As was Fleck who seemed to finally wake up from his hibernation period after a glaring error in the first half.

Also thought Brewster looked good - we are starting to see glimpses of a very exciting player.

Agreed! I thought tonight we saw what Brewster could become. Looked good to me.

Totally agree re Brewster which is why I was surprised that Giddins had a pop at him. Wilder looked bemused.

Gerrin'
KrmGQ5w.jpg

h
A word about Ampadu as well who I've been critical of. Thought this was his best and maturist showing. He was calming the team down those final minutes and wasted a bit of time with some canny gamesmanship.
His best game by a mile wasn’t it? Looked a real class act last night.

I was chucklin away when Rammers saved that free kick near the end when he was laughing.UTMPB
It was great to see Rod. Finally he’s got that monkey off his back bless him, although I was utterly dismayed to see some ‘fans’ on the net still having a pop at him just when they should be celebrating the win and giving him a lift. I despair sometimes.

With the exception of one misplaced pass Norwood played his best game this season. Norwood and Fleck played both played more like How we know they can.