MATCH DAY THREAD: The Mighty Blades v Fulham | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD: The Mighty Blades v Fulham

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So back in action at BDBL after what seems an even longer international break than ever. Fulham the visitors today with a 12pm kick off. A very important game so quickly, especially in light of the next 3 fixtures....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Unknown player with Covid-19? Egan?

Mousset still out.

Brewster debut?

Other knocks from international duty?

Very difficult match, and I am definitely more worried about this going wrong way than say, I was with the trip to Arsenal. I suppose that's a normal reaction really considering where we sit in the table. However I remain hopeful of a positive result and I'm going as far as predicting 2 goals and a clean sheet. Brewster to open with a brace....

UTB

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Ampadu Lowe
Lundstram Norwood Osborn*
Brewster McBurnie

*Fleck if fit.

That's what I think is best for this one.

If Ampadu's on the bench Wilder has questions to answer.

Ramsdale
Brewster McBurnie

*Fleck if fit.

The question is...."does he know better than a supporter having seen their fitness levels after the Internationals"

...and the answer is "yes"

Last edited:
I will take a win by hook or by crook in this on a 1-0 with an OG off a Fulham defenders arse will do.

In reality Fulham will score at least one and that’s a problem at the moment because we don’t have any creativity in the side So having to score two to win is going to be difficult

Ramsdale
Brewster McBurnie

*Fleck if fit.

Ramdale
Berge Norwood Fleck
Brewster McBurnie

Not too different but Lundstrum is just not creative enough for me. We have to give Lowe a go at LWB but i expect Wilder to go with Stevens.

I'm feeling very positive, so a 4-0 win for the mighty blades, and i'm going to stick my neck out out and say two for Burke, one for Brewster, and one for McBurnie if he is playing in the Fleck role and Fleck is out, if Fleck plays (instead of McBurnie) he will get one as well.

Our squad players who aren't good enough to take a shirt from the first eleven under normal circumstances, but are somehow seen as being vital better start staking their claim pretty quickly
Starting tomorrow

Can Egan play?

Heard somewhere today that 1 of the players in his bubble who could not play for ROI played today so maybe a possibility??

Can Egan play?

Heard somewhere today that 1 of the players in his bubble who could not play for ROI played today so maybe a possibility??
Egan tested negative didn't he but i don't know if he's available for the Fulham game TT,it's going to be interesting to see who does make the starting 11 isn't it.UTMPB

Egan tested negative didn't he but i don't know if he's available for the Fulham game TT,it's going to be interesting to see who does make the starting 11 isn't it.UTMPB

Other Irish players in the same boat were all included in their clubs games this weekend.

I'm feeling very positive, so a 4-0 win for the mighty blades, and i'm going to stick my neck out out and say two for Burke, one for Brewster, and one for McBurnie if he is playing in the Fleck role and Fleck is out, if Fleck plays (instead of McBurnie) he will get one as well.

Why would McBurnie be playing in the Fleck role? One of our problems is our No 9 spends half his time already joining in with the pretty triangles out wide rather than being chafing at the bit for a ball in to finish off.