MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Bristol City | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Bristol City

The positives outweighed the negatives.

Negatives.

Still too much faffing about.
Poor conversion to goals from chances.

Positives

Wes
Most players stepping up and taking responsibility.
The green shoots of a plan.
We didn't die after 15 minutes of looking interested.
Much to build on.

Good start Heckingbum.

I'm happy to get on your bandwagon if this continues!

I enjoyed that and I haven't said that too often in the past year or so.

Two well worked goals but in truth it should have been a comfortable 3 or 4 goal win, City were poor. We looked more determined and a yard quicker than them while playing some good stuff but when got into good positions we didn't test their keeper nearly enough. That's the only negative really apart from it being flippin brass monkeys! Pity Brewster had to go off when he did. That's two goals in three games for him and I think we're starting to see a little bit of the player that we hoped for at last. Still trust Billy to do the biz when the chance came. UTB!

Last edited:
The positives outweighed the negatives.

Negatives.

Still too much faffing about.
Poor conversion to goals from chances.

Positives

Wes
Most players stepping up and taking responsibility.
The green shoots of a plan.
We didn't die after 15 minutes of looking interested.
Much to build on.

Good start Heckingbum.

I'm happy to get on your bandwagon if this continues!

Can’t disagree with any of that SBT.
I thought it was an entertaining game, poor on quality but in difficult conditions - and I’d rather watch that, than two technically gifted teams negating each other to a boring draw.
Given the conditions, I thought the ref gave a very good performance. He made allowance for the conditions, didn’t blow every time someone fell down, and 2 early yellow cards for delaying the game (including one to the ‘keeper) stopped any time wasting plan the away side had. I wish a few more would follow his lead.

Last edited:
I thought it was an entertaining game, poor on quality but in difficult conditions - and I’d rather watch that, than two technically gifted teams negating each other to a boring draw.
Given the conditions, I thought the ref gave a very good performance. He made allowance for the conditions, didn’t blow every time someone fell down, and 2 early yellow cards for delaying the game (including one to the ‘keeper) stopped any time wasting plan the away side had. I wish a few more would follow his lead.
Agree and bookings for kicking the ball away. Nice to praise a ref for once.

Good performance,very good result.I'm very pleased that Rhian scored again but i was getting a bit worried in the last 20 mins or so because i wasn't worried we were going to mess it up.:LOL:MGW MotM in my opinion,some of his touches are wonderful. Good start for Hecky,keep it up BLADES. UTB

Good performance,very good result.I'm very pleased that Rhian scored again but i was getting a bit worried in the last 20 mins or so because i wasn't worried we were going to mess it up.:LOL:MGW MotM in my opinion,some of his touches are wonderful. Good start for Hecky,keep it up BLADES. UTB
sounded better i were driving home from pendle near burnley snow were awful,we had to come home from our dirty weekend cause a tree had blown down in to our lovely hotel Fence gate lodge . fucking heating went off and no wifi. nightmare

sounded better i were driving home from pendle near burnley snow were awful,we had to come home from our dirty weekend cause a tree had blown down in to our lovely hotel Fence gate lodge . fucking heating went off and no wifi. nightmare
Burnley's match was called off wasn't it. It was better at BDBL without being brilliant Twirls but i was very satisfied with the performance and result.Hope you've got home safe and sound mi owd pal. UTB

Burnley's match was called off wasn't it. It was better at BDBL without being brilliant Twirls but i was very satisfied with the performance and result.Hope you've got home safe and sound mi owd pal. UTB
yeah mate it was ,yeah home safe although we had a fuckin nightmare around glossop, ended up going buxton road way ,so glad we won that one today, and brewster scoring was a bonus ,wonder if its now his time hopefully

Eventually but it took me an hour an half to do the 5 miles at most to get home absolute gridlock all over
It was nearly 4.30pm when we got back to Gods Own Village,i said to our young un we were only about 30 mins earlier getting home than if it had been a 3pm ko.:giggle: UTB