Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Brighton and Hove Albion | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Brighton and Hove Albion

I thought that the Leicester/Man City decisions were correct, as Praet's arms were away from his body, but de Bruyne was just protecting his face. There is a lack of consistency with handball and VAR though. Bournemouth were absolutely screwed by it, as both of their goals should have stood.
Felt for Bournemouth not only had their goal disallowed to level but also had the pen against so went 2 down doubt there’s many worse feelings in football than that during a game

Sorry, it was jack who left him
Watch it again berge looks back twice at him as the ball is crossed over and then doesn’t check and maupay goes to win the ball either way I watched egan place him behind maupay and point at him before the kick was taken made it abundantly clear he was his man don't know if that can be seen on tv

Same here SRE. I thought it was a bit harsh to look at a red for the Brighton player as he had slipped when going for the ball!. When it transpired it was for Lunny's challenge I was amazed. The way it happened Lunny had no option but to put his foot down where he did.They were saying Lunny had mis controlled the ball as it came off him BUT it came off his midriff from Duffy's miskick as he slipped.

A terrible day for VAR all round but at least they got that one right.

The Leicester /Man City pen/non pen was a farce and the 2 incidents a direct contradiction of each other. Bournemouth were very unlucky and if the VAR ref thinks they were handball (via the arm) he needs an anatomy lesson.

Exactly, the TV pundits don't half talk some shite.
The Brighton player was the only one who was out of control. He lost control of the ball and made a wild lunge to recover it, Lundstram did nothing wrong except be in the way.
If Lundstram didn't lift his feet off the ground he'd have had his legs snapped off.
He should have been allowed to play on actually

Watch it again berge looks back twice at him as the ball is crossed over and then doesn’t check and maupay goes to win the ball either way I watched egan place him behind maupay and point at him before the kick was taken made it abundantly clear he was his man don't know if that can be seen on tv
Jack was the last man.