MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades | Page 7 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades

It's a mindset that always fails - we made the gulf look much wider than it really was.

However, if we are to be happy with only conceding one goal - then yes, I guess it was ok. Just hope the next time we play them we give them more of a game.
The gulf is there for all to see,City top of the league us Bottom Germaine.Yes of course any BLADE would like to see us closer to the top sides but we are nowhere near them,look at their bench today and that's without their best striker(Aguero) and the best player in the league(De Bruyne) I never enjoy us losing but i'm also fully aware that today could easily have been a tonking and it wasn't. UTMPB

A
I think had we opened up earlier they would've picked us off and bump bump bump game over,at least our goal difference didn't take a battering.They are superior squad wise to owt in the league as far as i'm concerned and i expect City to win the League this season.UTMPB
And we saw an example of that at the end when they broke on us and R/dale made a decent save.WBA sat in and were destroyed, we weren't and confidence and belief will be much better.

It's a mindset that always fails - we made the gulf look much wider than it really was.

However, if we are to be happy with only conceding one goal - then yes, I guess it was ok. Just hope the next time we play them we give them more of a game.
Go and watch the WBA v City game Aya,that's how wide the gulf is if you get your tactics wrong.
The championship promotion season, when we did go at it, was fantastic but , mainly, the oppositon wasn't.
It's a lot different in the PL where, as we showed on Wednesday night, there are no free hits and TBH we weren't much different from today then and- unlike the superb, capable of anything and more team we played today-we were playng a big NAME team not a big winning team. Yes they'd had a good run but I reckon any bookie would give you bigger odds of beating Manure than Man C

The gulf is there for all to see,City top of the league us Bottom Germaine.Yes of course any BLADE would like to see us closer to the top sides but we are nowhere near them,look at their bench today and that's without their best striker(Aguero) and the best player in the league(De Bruyne) I never enjoy us losing but i'm also fully aware that today could easily have been a tonking and it wasn't. UTMPB

Agree with the treeton stalker, We nearly grabbed something with Fleck at the end. Wilder got it pretty much spot on, individual defending cost us, if we had opened up earlier it would have been 3 or 4.

With our lack of money to sign better technical players and our current position we have to scrape and it won’t be pretty. I accept your point and I wish we were better to watch. Maybe you have too much Tottenham influence in Casa Aya ?.

With our lack of money to sign better technical players.

We had a 23 million quid player out on the pitch, though you wouldn't have known it.

For a club in our position such a big outlay for a player who isn't capable of being a difference maker at this level is a mistake we just can't make.

I am not saying we should have gone gung ho, and risked getting mullered
But, there was enough in the first half, to tell me (because we were still in the game) we would could at least be a little more adventurous
If it had been a cup match, we would had a bit more of a go of it ( being 1 nil down after 9 mins)

Yes, definitely a good defensive display, against the top of the league, who will probably win it

maybe I am just greedy, and wanted a little more!!!

With our lack of money to sign better technical players and our current position we have to scrape and it won’t be pretty. I accept your point and I wish we were better to watch. Maybe you have too much Tottenham influence in Casa Aya ?.

Ha ha - no Mr Spurs is not happy after the Liverpool match - even though I constantly remind him how much money they have spent.

Of course I accept the point about the relative positions of both teams today in terms of money spent etc..........but I'm just a bit bored of watching games like that if I am honest.

Bring on Tuesday - now that should be a decent battle

I am not saying we should have gone gung ho, and risked getting mullered
But, there was enough in the first half, to tell me (because we were still in the game) we would could at least be a little more adventurous
If it had been a cup match, we would had a bit more of a go of it ( being 1 nil down after 9 mins)

Yes, definitely a good defensive display, against the top of the league, who will probably win it

maybe I am just greedy, and wanted a little more!!!
No you aren’t m8 I get what you and aya are saying don’t see why people can’t see it for what it is obviously if we pressed up the pitch they would pick us off and we would be on the wrong end of a cricket score but we are better than just hacking it up field for it to come straight back we can play measured football but as has been said the mindset was wrong the ball became a hot potato and we had to get rid quick players were panicky with the ball we could have done so much better but a 1-0 defeat isn’t bad against city especially after the absolute gift of a goal we gave them,let the back room staff pick through the bones of that on Monday let’s hope we learn from it as has been said we won’t come against better this season hopefully we will have more belief against lesser sides

We had a 23 million quid player out on the pitch, though you wouldn't have known it.

For a club in our position such a big outlay for a player who isn't capable of being a difference maker at this level is a mistake we just can't make.
Because the Prince wants to sign young potential that is a good investment. We need ready to go players.

R/dale looked much better, more solid, must be a confidence player- now let's keep a clean sheet Tuesday,all need a good rest and all guns blazing

Man C playing for time at the end. 5% of their quality and we'd be in and amongst it.
anybody who thinks we can open up and go at man city are reall y realy wrong, we are playing the best in the world just let that sink in,we are not on the same planet as them although in the same league. the tactics for the last two games have been spot on ,without the 1 bit of rubbish defending we,d have got 4 points from the playing the best attacking teams on the planet. 3 points from two games from these is brilliant. simple as. i said two week back this is what we need to do to build a platform to improve and scrape points then as confidence grows we open up a little then build again. we just cannot afford to play our normal game and go for it ,thats exactly why we are rock bottom. people have clammored for a change in tactic ,formation ,now hes done it ,ya want him to go for it a bit more . IM LOST FOR WORDS LOL not really utb

I'm disappointed we didn't come away with a point. It could and should have been except for 1. A muppet trying to head a ball facing the wrong way when under no pressure and with a collegue who was facing the right way and had the situation under control, 2. Two f u c kwits allowing a bloke going absolutely nowhere with his back to goal to somehow squirm passed them both and lay on a tap in.
Non league level defending of the highest level.
Inexcusable.

Other than that great effort. Shame it counted for nothing thanks to the 3 Stooges cameo.

anybody who thinks we can open up and go at man city are reall y realy wrong, we are playing the best in the world just let that sink in,we are not on the same planet as them although in the same league. the tactics for the last two games have been spot on ,without the 1 bit of rubbish defending we,d have got 4 points from the playing the best attacking teams on the planet. 3 points from two games from these is brilliant. simple as. i said two week back this is what we need to do to build a platform to improve and scrape points then as confidence grows we open up a little then build again. we just cannot afford to play our normal game and go for it ,thats exactly why we are rock bottom. people have clammored for a change in tactic ,formation ,now hes done it ,ya want him to go for it a bit more . IM LOST FOR WORDS LOL not really utb
Who’s said open up and have go at em twirls cos I haven’t seen anyone say that

I'm disappointed we didn't come away with a point. It could and should have been except for 1. A muppet trying to head a ball facing the wrong way when under no pressure and with a collegue who was facing the right way and had the situation under control, 2. Two f u c kwits allowing a bloke going absolutely nowhere with his back to goal to somehow squirm passed them both and lay on a tap in.
Non league level defending of the highest level.
Inexcusable.

Other than that great effort. Shame it counted for nothing thanks to the 3 Stooges cameo.
Spot on Sean! Ampadu had so much time to adjust himself for that header mi gran could have knitted me a Beanie (if you’d excuse the pun). No excuse for it at this level as there was no excuse for Bogle‘s feeble attempt to recover the situation or Ampadu’s attempt to back him up and Bash deciding to Mark fresh air.

But that 30 seconds apart old friend, well, I’ve got a flutter in mi gutter for the first time in months. It could just be that bastard IBS that’s returned but here’s hoping we’ve got our Blades back pal. ⚔️

I get what people are saying re if we had gone for it "gung ho" we would have probably been slaughtered. But the game was awful to watch for me. Apart from the last 10 mins with Flecks shot we never threatened at all.
There were long spells in the 2nd half where we could not even get a kick of the ball. The poss numbers of 82% v 18% says it all. The gulf in class was obvious, it looked at times like a group of dads playing "piggy in the middle" with their kids.
The City players looked as fresh at the end as they did before the start, I don't think any of them broke sweat, they were strolling. To anyone seeing the score without watching the game thinking it was close. The truth is, we were hammered.

I get what people are saying re if we had gone for it "gung ho" we would have probably been slaughtered. But the game was awful to watch for me. Apart from the last 10 mins with Flecks shot we never threatened at all.
There were long spells in the 2nd half where we could not even get a kick of the ball. The poss numbers of 82% v 18% says it all. The gulf in class was obvious, it looked at times like a group of dads playing "piggy in the middle" with their kids.
The City players looked as fresh at the end as they did before the start, I don't think any of them broke sweat, they were strolling. To anyone seeing the score without watching the game thinking it was close. The truth is, we were hammered.
Thing is biri no one has suggested we went for it gung ho people have decided to read what they want into people posts instead of what they have said

Spot on Sean! Ampadu had so much time to adjust himself for that header mi gran could have knitted me a Beanie (if you’d excuse the pun). No excuse for it at this level as there was no excuse for Bogle‘s feeble attempt to recover the situation or Ampadu’s attempt to back him up and Bash deciding to Mark fresh air.

But that 30 seconds apart old friend, well, I’ve got a flutter in mi gutter for the first time in months. It could just be that bastard IBS that’s returned but here’s hoping we’ve got our Blades back pal. ⚔️
Tuesday night is going to be a Gigantic game,can you imagine the atmosphere if we were allowed into BDBL? We HAVE TO WIN this game,simples really.If we don't It's all over in my opinion BUT if we do win it's game on again,For how long who knows but it'll defo be game on.UTMPB