MATCH DAY THREAD : Liverpool v The Mighty Blades | Page 4 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Liverpool v The Mighty Blades

Switched off again for the winner and way too proflligate in front of goal.

Positives to take but it's points we need - feels like we've wasted a gift tonight, Liverpool were sloppy by their standards.

Anybody think we should have had two more pens?
Berge trip definitely. The handball depends on the VAR ref MOTD- MOOD of the day that is.

Hand/arm has to be in an unnatural position this season.Before VAR it's a nailed on one for me but VAR has it's own set of rules or, more worrying, interpretations.

Well would have taken that before kick off. Positives from many players, unfortunately Liverpool were and are too good for us.

The fixture computer has dealt us a shit hand with another nailed on loss next week however well we play, I wish Chelsea and Man City where the other way around as I was not impressed with Chelsea in their Man U game earlier tonight.

It could have been worse. We didn't get owt, but it was only -1 on the GD, and we seemed to find a bit of our old selves. Need the confidence and swagger of a couple of back to back wins...

Would have taken that before without doubt. Quite pleasing really.

But that was a very different Liverpool to the last one we played. We were able to get in countless situations we were allowed nowhere near last time.

Needed to go in at HT ahead for any hope of a result but obviously that's too good to be true.

Hopefully Wilder's now woken up and realised that Ampadu needs to start every game.

Stevens needs dropping too. He's costing us every week.

The lack of height constantly being exposed is why you shouldn't sign someone like Robinson if there's any danger he'll have to play LCB regularly. Not sorting out this position after JOC's injury is a big failure.

January can't come soon enough. We need to just make sure we're within touching distance of 17th.

Was a good performance overall, seemed to look lost and all out of sorts for first 5-10 minutes. Ramsdale charging after 2 minutes and defence looked at 6s and 7s. Once we switched on we looked good - against a lesser opposition we might have got more.

Am I the only person not convinced that our penalty wasn't a penalty and clearly outside of the box? Agreed that Berge was a penalty, as for McBurnie, he is lightweight so not entirely sure on that one, though I would have said he was our best player in first half but didn't get the service in the second half.

Despite the result there were positive to discuss but we need to be creating more in the final third and being more brave at taking chances, even if they lead to nothing.

Shame Burke's effort drifted wide in stoppage time, a better shot and we'd talking about an unbelievable point.

Oh, and the last Blade to score at Anfield...... Norwegian Jostein Flo