MATCH DAY THREAD : Burnley v The Mighty Blades | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Burnley v The Mighty Blades

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So we face Burnley at Turf Moor. Who cares...

So

Any team news?

Defeat and nobody scoring for us. Or nil nil draw

UTB

If its snowing there we might get a postponement, which is our best chance of avoiding defeat.

Ahh, you never know. It all turned around for Bassett after Christmas.

2-1 win for DEM MIGHTY BLADES.BREWSTER&DE MOOSE.Jingle Bells Jimgle Bells Jingle all the way Oh what fun is to see UNITED win a game.:party::guiness::cheers:UTMPB

If we play 4-3-3 we have a chance if Wilder carries on with same owd we will lose.
We need to win the next 2 games to have any chance.

3-0 loss woods bagging an header and barnes getting on the score sheet ,plus a penalty given away by some school boy defending from turn back baldock

Burnley looked organised v Leeds and got the ball into the box many times - but Leeds held on. I guess we will try to do the same to sneak a point.....which is of zero use to us at the moment but I guess you have to start from somewhere.

1-1

Burnley looked organised v Leeds and got the ball into the box many times - but Leeds held on. I guess we will try to do the same to sneak a point.....which is of zero use to us at the moment but I guess you have to start from somewhere.

1-1
if they get the ball in our box as many times as they did v leeds ,woods will have a birthday

1-1
Against Burnley we have to be going for a win. A point is of no use whatsoever to us we are so far behind. That is what I don’t understand with Wilder he has nothing to lose.

if they get the ball in our box as many times as they did v leeds ,woods will have a birthday

I know but actually they were very predictable and Bash/Egan could mop up a lot of it. What's for sure is that if we hand the initiative to them we are in for a long night.

We've looked ok against the other "bottom" teams - so maybe, with the right attitude, we could get a few things going ourselves.

I actually don't think Wilder will change the system - he's put everything into it - eg all the players we bought ....................so he's not going to give it up for a while.

Hope I'm proved wrong...........or we find a couple of new wingbacks - cos our present 2 are burnt out.

If its snowing there we might get a postponement, which is our best chance of avoiding defeat.

Ahh, you never know. It all turned around for Bassett after Christmas.
From less than 30 miles away and looking at the forecast, snow will not give us a temporary reprieve.............................................................................................but Wilder might???????

Because of their superior attack I would go 4 4 2. Back 4 and front 2 fairly simple but midfield difficult..Here goes
Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu Fleck McGoldrick
Mousset McBurnie
Bogle was a winger do could add speed and crossing, Ampadu n Fleck a defensive structure and McGoldrick a little creativity.

I know but actually they were very predictable and Bash/Egan could mop up a lot of it. What's for sure is that if we hand the initiative to them we are in for a long night.

We've looked ok against the other "bottom" teams - so maybe, with the right attitude, we could get a few things going ourselves.

I actually don't think Wilder will change the system - he's put everything into it - eg all the players we bought ....................so he's not going to give it up for a while.

Hope I'm proved wrong...........or we find a couple of new wingbacks - cos our present 2 are burnt out.
fingers arms legs balls and breasts crossed Aya. utb come on united its now or never

We’ll never have a better chance I’ve just backed Burnley to win and had a cheeky fiver on us not to win a league game all season bit miffed I didn’t put it on before Everton game as we were 80/1 it dropped to 66/1 just from the one game anyway if it comes in at least that would be most of the season ticket paid for hopefully both will dip tonight

Go 4-4-2, we may have a chance, 3 at the back and the usual tactics of defending and trying to play on the break we will lose 2/3-0.

Ramsdale

Baldock, Bash, Egan, Stevens

Bogle, Ampadu, Fleck, Osborn

Burke, Brewster

This is not a good team but probably the best we can turn out on the day.