Match Day Post: The Mighty Blades v Preston NE | Vital Football

Match Day Post: The Mighty Blades v Preston NE

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
Well after the disappointing result against Birmingham City on Wednesday, we have a chance to put it immediately right against struggling Preston. And with it a chance to go 3rd in the table, other results permitting. Not sure if squad rotation is necessary just yet, but I think I'd prefer a team more closeley resembling that of the starting line-up v Villa....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Surely Sharp has to be a starter?

Don't know what else to suggest.

Quite a brief introduction to this one, half pissed from last night. However hopefully the Blades are not as hungover as me, and we put this one to bed 3-1.

UTB

expect it to be another tight game - Preston will not give anything away.

Think Chris is trying to build a squad with greater options, so we will have to be patient.....hopefully getting stronger as the season goes on.

expect it to be another tight game - Preston will not give anything away.

Think Chris is trying to build a squad with greater options, so we will have to be patient.....hopefully getting stronger as the season goes on.
always tight games with preston but im expecting a reaction from the other night and think we will turn em over 2 0

I hope for a win but our strikers do not fill me with confidence. If pushed I would go with Sharp and McGoldrick. These are games we have to win no excuses.

Dnszq5KXsAAsHIp.jpg

Sitting back after taking a well deserved lead always hamstrings this group of players. Come on Wilder sort this out an easy win made into a game that could have gone either way.
Inviting teams onto us is not going to help the goal diff.

We must not forget that Preston want to win the game as much as we do. We gifted them a goal, then they got lucky with the deflection on the second.

We must also not forget that it will say in the paper tomorrow we won 3-2. No need to over analyse. Onwards and upwards. UTB

We must not forget that Preston want to win the game as much as we do. We gifted them a goal, then they got lucky with the deflection on the second.

We must also not forget that it will say in the paper tomorrow we won 3-2. No need to over analyse. Onwards and upwards. UTB
problem is fkb we always seem to sit off teams when we go a couple of goals up for me we gifted em a way back in to the game with this tactic that game today could have been a 5 0 win and is a puzzling tactic for me

We won true, but not the first time we have used this tactic which is baffling. Ih this division every team has players that can hurt you if you give them enough time and space. Did not learn much from The Swansea game it seems

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather we won 3-0 every week, but whatever happens, we've overcome it and won the game. Tempting to look for the negative, but 3pts is 3pts. UTB

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather we won 3-0 every week, but whatever happens, we've overcome it and won the game. Tempting to look for the negative, but 3pts is 3pts. UTB
nothings ever straight forward for united is it always seem to make us sweat lol one other thing i will say about today is that stevens and johnson looked a good combination down our left but of course to accomodate both of em we would probably have to go to a 4 4 2 set up and cant see chris doing that but like fkb says 3 points is 3 points

Problem is we have to change around the hour mark the players have to take it down a few notches we can’t play at such a high tempo for 90 mins that’s not havin a go at the fitness I don’t think any team in this league could

It should be a huge boost when Coutts is back in contention as he can control the tempo of a game. It will also make sure that Fleck and Norwood maintain a high level.