Mascot for this season ? | Vital Football

Mascot for this season ?

Taff57

Vital 1st Team Regular
We always had a mascot in recent years, and then they misteriously disappeared without any explanation. The kids love them, so any chance of one this year. I thought Laticat was good. Any thoughts

To be honest it never dawned on me we no longer had one. Probably a consequence of cost cutting following relegation, however small the cost. Either that or the same people that moaned about goal music or tannoy volume that got them banned.

If there were people who "moaned" about goal music or tannoy volume, how come you don't think they were being balanced and pragmatic?

If there were people who "moaned" about goal music or tannoy volume, how come you don't think they were being balanced and pragmatic?

Balance and pragmatism has sod all to do with goal music, tannoy volume or mascots. More personal choice and that they are probably just miserable individuals who wish to sit in silence, see no benefit in catering to and attracting young supporters and then we wonder why crowds are low and atmosphere is crap in our ground.

I think the bad atmosphere is all down to the West Stand. I have been in there since the stadium opened and the majority of fans who go in there are scared to show there emotions Henski excepted may I say

Do they still do that pre match kids club across the road with Martin before games?
The kids could win signed shirts or become a mascot,or have a crack at crossbar challenge.
That half time bollocks they do now doesn't involve kids,it's usually half pissed twenty something's,scrap it and involve the kids.

Do they still do that pre match kids club across the road with Martin before games?
The kids could win signed shirts or become a mascot,or have a crack at crossbar challenge.
That half time bollocks they do now doesn't involve kids,it's usually half pissed twenty something's,scrap it and involve the kids.
They do something I think but they seem to have banished them to some room under the East Stand out of the way of everyone.

Balance and pragmatism has sod all to do with goal music, tannoy volume or mascots. More personal choice and that they are probably just miserable individuals who wish to sit in silence, see no benefit in catering to and attracting young supporters and then we wonder why crowds are low and atmosphere is crap in our ground.
Goal music and mascots are naff.

The club is doing what we should have always done. Promoting our star players via social media. We had it to some degree in the Premier League years thanks to the profile of the league. But now the club is doing a great job on Twitter, Facebook etc. engaging directly with all fans.

They do something I think but they seem to have banished them to some room under the East Stand out of the way of everyone.

It's actually quite brilliant, the Latics kids zone under the East

Rugby have had a Pieman
from Edwards at Platt Bridge. Pies make you f at so suits them better than us

They should get a ringed mat or sheet like a target with score rings on, and have 4 contestants trying to land..pass.. the ball on the highest score...bullseye gets star prize etc.

Something different.

Or for kids...FOOTBOWL... they have to run from half way with ball and from a point on the d at edge of the area, they have to roll the ball towards a set of skittles..... a strike of all skittles down and they win a replica shirt or something.

Won’t happen due to cost and not enough home fans to make it worthwhile, but I do feel like we miss a trick not having a fanzone outside somewhere before and after every home game. Pop up bar, stage for prospective singers, big screen showing the early kickoff etc. I know we’ll never have the demand or cash to have a fanzone like say City Square at the Ethiad, but that would be the dream.

If we were to go to a pie themed mascot (as per Walgarth's suggestion), then I reckon we should go back to having 2 (like JJ & B)..... maybe Meyt & Prayter.

Coat donned.......