The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

I will never forgive Jack Woodward for the totally cringeworthy way he would read out the teams at Villa Park - C-C-C-C-C-Ciaran Clark!!! K-K-K-K-K-Keiran Richardson!!!

Although in fairness, maybe it was the names he had to read out that were more terrifying :lol:
It’s a word that I don’t get to use here in the USofA as it’s not known, but the word Pillock always comes to mind when I think of Jack Woodward...

Welcome Marvelous........

I now understand why it took some time to announce his arrival.......

Our club photographer must of been having a well earned break after doing a portfolio for each of the previous 10 arrivals....Lol

I know YouTube vids can make everyone look decent, but watched one earlier of our Marvellous and well......... he looks marvellous.
Genuinely.

Looks a top ball winner - get it back, lay it off to McGinn/Grealish et al, keep it simple.

I've got my Gueye back at last :p

I remember saying at the end of last season that we're really going to have to beef up in midfield, where the real top PL players are, and I guess DS agrees because we're looking really bloody decent in there now.

If we can score (TBC ..........) and Heaton helps keep us relatively tidy at the back then we've got half a chance you know ...

Anybody know how many red cards he picks up? He's very committed, to say the least.

Well if you can believe a 4 minute video, he looks a better prospect than Douglas. With him and McGinn buzzing round in midfield the opposition isnt going to get a second on the ball

Douglas looks good to me but I reckon is still learning. Marvelous looks more experienced. Both should add that steel we need, and more. Probably best we've had there since NRC.

No guaranteed starters now, any combination or system of players, whether it's a 3, 4 or 5 man midfield could be played. Don't know why people are assuming SJM is a starter - I could easily see him being benched with the plethora of riches we now have at our disposal. Don't think the CB partnership is a done deal yet either.

This window has been a revelation - now to see who is sold and who goes out on lone.