Marv | Vital Football

Marv

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Marvin Ekpiteta praised the side's character and resilience to come from behind in the 2-1 victory at Middlesbrough.
The defender, who has really impressed at the back alongside Richard Keogh in recent weeks, scored his first goal of the season in the win at the Riverside Stadium, which kick-started the Seasiders dramatic comeback.
"I think we came back into the match really well after going behind early on," Ekpiteta said.
"The manner in which we went behind was unlucky really, but we rolled our sleeves up and always had the belief we could get something from the match. Middlesbrough are a good, strong side so for us to dig deep and show the character to fight back is something I'm proud of from the whole team."
On scoring his first goal of the season with a well-executed finish, Ekpiteta was delighted to be able to contribute to the scoresheet.
"It's always pleasing to find the back of the net, although I don't remember much about it!" he said.
"Keogh played a ball into me and I took a touch on the swivel and was quite close to goal, so decided to shoot. It was a decent finish, and I'm pleased it started a great comeback.
"Overall, it's been a good season for me so far. It's my first in the Championship, which is a relentless league at times, but I'm really enjoying it and taking it in my stride and learning every game."
The Seasiders were backed by a travelling support of over 1,000 Blackpool fans and Ekpiteta believes that support helped the side get over the line once again.
"Our fans were great throughout the whole game," he said.
"They kept us going throughout. Even though they were in a small corner of the ground, you could hear them for the full 90 minutes. To score both goals at that end was a fantastic feeling. It was a memorable day."

Nice bit of skill for the goal. We cleaned up on him last season as he is usually around the 40/1 mark for first goalscorer - you only need 1 a season and you are about level.
Always worth checking his odds asyesterday he was 66/1 for FGS but a cracking 25/1 for him to score anytime.
:toot:Screenshot_20210918-174413_Sky Bet.jpg

He's still young and learning his trade. I was impressed how he turned around a disappointing first half and problems mid week to a good second half. He can only get better and better.

Thought Keogh was OK yesterday but I'm not a fan long or even more term

Be good to see the Viking back, worrying he wasn't on the bench nor Stewart

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley has given an injury update on both Kevin Stewart and Demi Mitchell.
Both Mitchell, 24, and Stewart, 28, missed the 2-1 win at Middlesbrough over the weekend.

Mitchell is yet to make his first appearance of this season owing to a knee injury whilst Stewart was a surprise absentee from the trip to Middlesbrough, after picking up a foot injury.
Speaking to Blackpool Gazette about Stewart’s absence over the weekend, Seasiders boss Critchley said:
“He’s got a problem with his foot, which he felt in training this week. We’re just trying to settle that down. He’s taken a kick to it, so we don’t think it’s serious but he wasn’t quite ready for this game.”
Meanwhile, Mitchell looks to be on course for a return to action, with Critchley saying that he’s hopeful both he and Stewart will be part of the side that host Barnsley in the Championship next weekend.
“It’s a similar story for Demi Mitchell because he trained all week,” Critchley explained. “We were hopeful he was going to be ready and he did make the trip with us, so we’re hopeful both players will be ready for next week.”
Blackpool have had a number of injuries to contend with during the start of this season. The likes of Owen Dale, CJ Hamilton and Grant Ward also missed the win at Middlesbrough – the Seasiders’ second Championship win of the season.
They sit in 20th-place of the table having picked up their first two wins of the campaign in their last three outings and the visit of Barnsley this coming weekend presents another chance for three points, against a side who’ve proved indifferent this season.
The returns of both Stewart and Mitchell will give Critchley some quality and depth in his side, and both could play crucial roles for Blackpool throughout the rest of the campaign.

AROUND THE WEB

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley has given an injury update on both Kevin Stewart and Demi Mitchell.
Both Mitchell, 24, and Stewart, 28, missed the 2-1 win at Middlesbrough over the weekend.

Mitchell is yet to make his first appearance of this season owing to a knee injury whilst Stewart was a surprise absentee from the trip to Middlesbrough, after picking up a foot injury.
Speaking to Blackpool Gazette about Stewart’s absence over the weekend, Seasiders boss Critchley said:
“He’s got a problem with his foot, which he felt in training this week. We’re just trying to settle that down. He’s taken a kick to it, so we don’t think it’s serious but he wasn’t quite ready for this game.”
Meanwhile, Mitchell looks to be on course for a return to action, with Critchley saying that he’s hopeful both he and Stewart will be part of the side that host Barnsley in the Championship next weekend.
“It’s a similar story for Demi Mitchell because he trained all week,” Critchley explained. “We were hopeful he was going to be ready and he did make the trip with us, so we’re hopeful both players will be ready for next week.”
Blackpool have had a number of injuries to contend with during the start of this season. The likes of Owen Dale, CJ Hamilton and Grant Ward also missed the win at Middlesbrough – the Seasiders’ second Championship win of the season.
They sit in 20th-place of the table having picked up their first two wins of the campaign in their last three outings and the visit of Barnsley this coming weekend presents another chance for three points, against a side who’ve proved indifferent this season.
The returns of both Stewart and Mitchell will give Critchley some quality and depth in his side, and both could play crucial roles for Blackpool throughout the rest of the campaign.

AROUND THE WEB
:shake::rolleyes: Returns? How long until their next injury ?

Well done Marv yesterday arguably our MOTM.

Stewart not being on the bench is a worry from a precaution on Tuesday