Martin Jol | Vital Forums

Martin Jol

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Whoever it is may well have been given the nod 3 months ago to start lining up their January targets

Rexn - 6/12/2010 14:46

Whoever it is may well have been given the nod 3 months ago to start lining up their January targets
Its made me think about some of your comments again rex.

Maybe you know more than you have told us but it makes sense that ashley has had a plan long term with his choice of manager not being available at that time.
This person became interested again early this season but hughton's done ok and couldn't be pushed then, now we have a little blip but during this period the players have become aware of what went on behind the scenes and have rebelled a little. (it doesnt explain the contract renewals)
or ashley's set us up to be more sellable and the sale is happening now.

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
seriously though, I rarely listen to rumours and certainly not from a man in a pub, but a mate of mine who's a big gambler and has no interest in newcastle had told me this would happen.
He knows a few football agents apparently and thinks he gets a load of inside info.
His track record isn't bad though, he told me about Strachan getting the boot months before as well as Ince, and he was convinced Jol was being lined up.

daftladguy

Vital 1st Team Regular
Would be nice to think a sale was happening, dont know who could deal with the FAT ****.

One thing that raises its head to me is the lack of Barton yesterday, was it really an injury, or are their behind the scenes issues raising their head again.

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
They must've all known, because nobody gave a shit or made a tackle until the 60th minute.
poor bastards been strung up, but should we be surprised?

steekiebrown

Vital Champions League
st-pedros-basin - 6/12/2010 15:02

They must've all known, because nobody gave a shit or made a tchle until the 60th minute.
poor bastards been strung up, but should we be surprised?
Nope. True to form,he's done the dirty yet again.

Toon_Demon

Vital Football Hero
Agreed, Hughton has been dignified all the way through, got us up and has rarely complained about anything and has now been made the scapegoat really. Makes you wonder what was said in that inquest on sunday though, anyone reckon hughton knew he was for the chop?

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
bowburnmag - 6/12/2010 15:24

Is he not happy at Ajax? Would he really leave to come here?
that was my response when this bloke was telling me, but now as things are unfolding I feel obliged to give him the benefit of the doubt.

too much of a coincidence to be utter bullshit

G

I'm not doubting it really, just considering the possibility of making some money on this utter bullshit. i can't see what else i could possibly get out of it.

If i can make enough money to justify it, i can then wipe my arse on my season ticket and post it to Derek Llambias.

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
Well that's my point, this lad is a massive gambler, he put a shitload on Strachan getting the boot and he was strongly advising me to get some money on Hughton being replaced by Jol before christmas.
I scenario I laughed my tits off to at the time