Marshall - Right back or one of the three behind Rhodes? | Vital Football

Marshall - Right back or one of the three behind Rhodes?

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
Assuming a four man defence and Aarons is one of the long term right backs; should Marshall be considered as the other right back or be moved forward to play as one of the three behind Rhodes?

Marshall is a lot like Pinto- good going forward but their defensive skills are not great. Marshall isn't a defender Pinto is. Marshall has been played as a winger most of his career but DF likes to try square pegs in round holes. Like Cantwell as a left winger and Steipermann behind the front man!

As you say Aarons is a right back but DF sees him as a Left back at the moment. I would get him in the rb position once Lewis is fit and push Marshall further up

I really think you should be given Farkes job Bears , then we will have someone in charge who actually knows what to do !

Marshall needs to be better at the basics. Too many passing errors and he gave the ball away a lot against WBA.

Possibly uncertain about his role.

Cheers guys. Rex, that is the issue we have seen it a lot recently - Watkins (as a forward), Reed (played as a right back), Brady (being played as a left back), Wes (being played as a left winger), Leitner (playing as a central midfielder), Pukki (seems to be playing as a right winger and central midfielder), Shittaker (being played as a left back), Martin (played as a central defender), Naismith (played as a forward and left winger), Lafferty (played as a left winger), Wildschut (played as a right back) to name a few over the last few seasons.

Marshall played and was so good for Millwall as a attacking right winger. I just find it strange that we have Pinto, Passlack and Aarons who are are right backs that DF is going with a winger in that position at the same time when we are playing Husband and Pinto at left back and having no real right winger as Pukki is a forward and then Leitner who is just a mystery, I mean that is asking for trouble.

DF needs to just pick the right players in the right positions. Get Aarons at right back - get Thompson and Tettey in central midfield - get Marshall and Hernandez on the wings with Pukki behind Rhodes. On the left back until Lewis is fit play Stiepermann (scary but much better than Husband)