Mark o` Hara. | Vital Football

Mark o` Hara.

If that's correct might mean we don't have to pay them a promotion bonus for Anderson and Bostwick.
One balancing out the other?

I think we agreed a fee for him as we originally wanted to buy him. I seem to recall the sticking point was that O'Hara wasn't keen on a permanent move, so we went for a loan deal instead. I guess that is what he means, rather than an agreement to purchase now, as part of the loan deal.

Last edited:
I think we agreed a few for him as we originally wanted to buy him. I seem to recall the sticking point was that O'Hara wasn't keen on a permanent move, so we went for a loan deal instead. I guess that is what he means, rather than an agreement to purchase now, as part of the loan deal.

I thought it had read that O'Hara wasn't keen on any sort of move in Jan time and it briefly went cold. That explanation would make some sense though (frustrated in permanent move, later agreed loan).

I thought it had read that O'Hara wasn't keen on any sort of move in Jan time and it briefly went cold. That explanation would make some sense though (frustrated in permanent move, later agreed loan).
I think you are gijsbert are both right. The transfer was originally intended to be a permanent one but O'Hara wasn't sure. But I am pretty sure he was training with us from the outset, with his loan move announced about a week later. He definitely wants to come now, and we should be very pleased that he does. He was very good again today.

Yeah I like him a lot. He came into his own in the second half I think again, good understanding of that role next to Pett. Sometimes his distribution is a bit ropey/panicky though and on another day he would have been responsible for a goal on the stroke of half time.

I'm really pleased for Mark that it's worked out.

Off the back of a big move south for a young lad out of the SPL to L1 he needed to make sure this move, or his next move, was right for him after it turning sour at Posh.

We obviously tried to sign him permanently in January and it sounds like a loan and option was a compromise to see what he thought of us so I'm pleased he decided to take his time and not fully commit straight away. I think it shows that he's a guy who wants to do the right thing and choose his moves carefully, which, from an off the pitch view of him, is a big tick for me. And I suspect it gets a tick from DC, too.

Forcing his way into the top of the table team, and done very well once he got his place. I imagine that has opened up a few other options for moves in the summer.

I think it shows that he's a guy who wants to do the right thing and choose his moves carefully, which, from an off the pitch view of him, is a big tick for me. And I suspect it gets a tick from DC, too.
He always speaks intelligently; not your stereotypical monosyllabic footballer, I suspect.