Mark Kennedy Appointed Head Coach | Vital Football

Mark Kennedy Appointed Head Coach

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Let's all get behind our new manager/Head Coach and give him a chance before we start all the nay saying .

I for one am excited to see what he brings. Yes it's a gamble but clearly a calculated gamble it's not like we are in the throws of a relegation battle it's going to be a new season and a clean slate.

To compete at this level a club our size has to roll the dice sometimes and I am sure the board have every confidence in their appointment as do I until proven wrong.

As I have said before the last manager we appointed on 12th May did alright and I hope Mark Kennedy does just as well.

I agree. I am sure Macclesfield was brilliant in that only one win under Mark :)

No, seriously, I agree, we should trust the board and get behind the manager (head coach).

Clive has not got an appointment wrong so although Kennedys track record is not saying success is around the corner, I will support, hide a bit of disappointment and start delving for hidden positives. I sense that Kennedy is a bit of a character, so his relationship with the fans maybe somewhat different to Apps. Likes to play attacking football. There that's 2 I've managed already.

Be interesting to know the process, did he (or more like his representatives) let it be known he would be interested or did we go through the list of assistants / coaches and pick him out.

Some quick positives I was noting in the other thread:
  • Coached at Man City and suspect there are good links there so hopefully we will be trusted with another Rogers or Fiorini level loanee
  • Coached Archibald at Macc (I think!) when he was on song, so could be a way in for him
  • Involvement at Ipswich/Birmingham bottom end of Champ means he should have some ideas of players at this level
  • Extensive experience at higher level should be good for broader contacts
  • All the noises sound like it's a progressive/forward thinking style of play on the deck that he favours which you'd expect now for us!

Be interesting to know the process, did he (or more like his representatives) let it be known he would be interested or did we go through the list of assistants / coaches and pick him out.
Interesting point. When Cowley’s left we always knew we wanted Appleton.

Some quick positives I was noting in the other thread:
  • Coached at Man City and suspect there are good links there so hopefully we will be trusted with another Rogers or Fiorini level loanee
  • Coached Archibald at Macc (I think!) when he was on song, so could be a way in for him
  • Involvement at Ipswich/Birmingham bottom end of Champ means he should have some ideas of players at this level
  • Extensive experience at higher level should be good for broader contacts
  • All the noises sound like it's a progressive/forward thinking style of play on the deck that he favours which you'd expect now for us!

I haven't really been following the new manager situation too much so need to do a bit of research, though there are some good positives on your list there are a couple that are scraping the barrell!