Mark Hughes Sacked | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mark Hughes Sacked

My favourite Mark Hughes related comment was when that old yard dog Neil Warnock, having been through the revolving door at Leeds said: "I personally hope Mark Hughes follows me again and destroys another team of mine"

Feel sorry for Mark, always manages with a smile on his face and never makes excuses for his sides short comings. His compensation money is well deserved and i hope to see him managing at a low to middling epl club in the near future.
More like a scowl !?

I have always said that you can't help your personality, but it doesn't hurt to smile (unless you are Joan Collins).

As a follower of the Bundesliga, he should (hopefully) do well. He did well at Ingolstadt prior to RB Leipzig.

Exciting times !

Ex-lead-singer of Scandanvian death-metal merchants Fire of Ragnarok. I commend their first EP to you, and especially the track "Thor's Mighty Righteous Anger".
His lead break on the theramin at 2:45, using coordinated "dabs" to play it is awesome. To see him do it live, with the aid of a razor sharp rapier, wielded in the mouth, is the stuff of myth and legend...

His lead break on the theramin at 2:45, using coordinated "dabs" to play it is awesome. To see him do it live, with the aid of a razor sharp rapier, wielded in the mouth, is the stuff of myth and legend...

Indeed, although Erik "Erik" Erikson's 15 minute keyboard improvisation in the same song, played whilst cage-fighting with a fully articulated robot of Loki is something to behold, as well.

Indeed, although Erik "Erik" Erikson's 15 minute keyboard improvisation in the same song, played whilst cage-fighting with a fully articulated robot of Loki is something to behold, as well.
Using the keytar with midi operated flange pedals and retro-fitted axe blade helped....

Odd decision to sack Claude Puel who got them to the league cup final and 8th place - who is doing a decent job with Leicester at the moment as well - in the first place before they got the Football Manager regen in, and now Hughes.

Puel was disliked from early on. Very defensive manager, not many goals. 8th place didn't mean much that season when you take into account there were only 6 points between 8th and 17th.

The players didn't like him either so that was doomed.

The main problem at Southampton was Les Reed who had become a bit too powerful and after Cortese was gone the club had turned into a self satisified group constantly banging on about "The Southampton way" whilst "the Southampton way" wasn't actually happening anymore.

No academy kids making the grade or being given the chance. Reed had brought in a pal to run the academy that was a bully, not like by parents or academy players. There were a lot of "hurrahs" from youngsters when he was sacked as well as Reed.

Employing Managers that were defensive and not playing in attacking formations etc. You can;t keep living off the "Southampton Way" mantra pretending you are different to the other clubs making up the numbers in the Prem when in reality you are just doing the same as the others. buying older second grade players, not giving youth a chance etc. Hughes actually put several players that have come through the academy in the match squad against Man U. Started 4 of them. Too late though.

That was why Les Reed and several of the backroom staff were removed. £40m spent on an academy/training complex means it needs to produce, not be ignored and run by someone who bullies the kids which then scares of future prospects as their parents take their kids somewhere else.

The new manager is apparrantly back to high press attacking and brings through young players which I would think is the main aim at the moment is to get the academy back on track.

Last edited:
Puel was disliked from early on. Very defensive manager, not many goals. 8th place didn't mean much that season when you take into account there were only 6 points between 8th and 17th.

The players didn't like him either so that was doomed.

The main problem at Southampton was Les Reed who had become a bit too powerful and after Cortese was gone the club had turned into a self satisified group constantly banging on about "The Southampton way" whilst "the Southampton way" wasn't actually happening anymore.

No academy kids making the grade or being given the chance. Reed had brought in a pal to run the academy that was a bully, not like by parents or academy players. There were a lot of "hurrahs" from youngsters when he was sacked as well as Reed.

Employing Managers that were defensive and not playing in attacking formations etc. You can;t keep living off the "Southampton Way" mantra pretending you are different to the other clubs making up the numbers in the Prem when in reality you are just doing the same as the others. buying older second grade players, not giving youth a chance etc. Hughes actually put several players that have come through the academy in the match squad against Man U. Started 4 of them. Too late though.

That was why Les Reed and several of the backroom staff were removed. £40m spent on an academy/training complex means it needs to produce, not be ignored and run by someone who bullies the kids which then scares of future prospects as their parents take their kids somewhere else.

The new manager is apparrantly back to high press attacking and brings through young players which I would think is the main aim at the moment is to get the academy back on track.
Yes yes yes but what about the Scandinavian death metal bands.

Lord above! I've just Googled them and they exist! I just, er, made up the name.

Or , at least, I thought I had. :lol:

Well not quite! :grinning:

The band is called Wolfkrieg and their album is called Fire of Ragnarok.:lol:

I think they are a Russian band.

But still a commendable effort Notty :clap:

1544022496042.png