Mark Hughes Sacked | Vital Football

Mark Hughes Sacked

Not surprising really- don't think he ever quite gelled with the fans either.

Be interested to see who they pick next- Pottechino was a really brave month 5 years ago and I think they need to be equally as brave now. However, 18th in PL with their Pl status at risk...I think Big Sam is in with a very good shout.

The final straw was probably not being able to beat a crap Man Utd side at the weekend.

Despite being sacked at a number of clubs he will soon get another job. Why is that? He's obviously a crap manager, is it because he was an average footballer for Manure.
I'm not qualified to judge but even so I do wonder what his secret is.

Odd decision to sack Claude Puel who got them to the league cup final and 8th place - who is doing a decent job with Leicester at the moment as well - in the first place before they got the Football Manager regen in, and now Hughes.

I doubt whether he will get another job anywhere near the top flight now - his record has been mediocre since he left Manchester City nine years ago. Granted, he has managed some small fish in a big pond, but his dour personality doesn't help, neither does his boring style of play. A real Tony Pulis clone.

May see him at Grimsby before the end of the season.

I doubt whether he will get another job anywhere near the top flight now - his record has been mediocre since he left Manchester City nine years ago. Granted, he has managed some small fish in a big pond, but his dour personality doesn't help, neither does his boring style of play. A real Tony Pulis clone.

Or Notts County.

Looks like they're going to appoint Ralph Hasenhuttl before the end of the week. Love appointments like that, get someone new on the merry-go-round for once!

He's a lot less effective than Tony Pulis to be fair. Pulis teams can be horrible to watch but it generally works. Hughes can't even claim that.

I dare say the massive pile of cash he'll be getting to sod off will make this a bit easier for him anyway.

Feel sorry for Mark, always manages with a smile on his face and never makes excuses for his sides short comings. His compensation money is well deserved and i hope to see him managing at a low to middling epl club in the near future.