Mark Howard | Vital Football

Mark Howard

bfcpete

Vital Football Hero
Experienced keeper has signed a 2 year deal with BFC. Was decent in the few games he played a few games for us a few years ago

From the OS:

Blackpool Football Club is pleased is to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Mark Howard on a two-year contract.
The stopper, who had a brief spell with the club in the 2011-12 season, making five appearances, becomes the ninth new player to arrive this summer.
Howard, 31, returns to Bloomfield Road after spending the last two seasons with Bolton Wanderers, where he made 39 appearances and achieved promotion to The Championship.
Prior to that, he featured 104 times for Sheffield United during a four-year stint at Bramall Lane. He initially joined Blackpool first time round after playing up in Scotland with St Mirren and Aberdeen.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“Mark is another fantastic signing for us. He’s a very experienced goalkeeper who has been successful at this level and he also knows the club and the area well.
“Though we had success in the loan market last season, it was important to have a permanent ‘keeper between the sticks moving forward and I’m delighted that Mark’s agreed to join us.”
Mark Howard added:
“I’ve been speaking to the manager for a few weeks now and spoke to many clubs as well, but after speaking to the manager I definitely wanted to come down and be part of what he’s trying to build here. It’s also important for me to get back playing, and that’s a big motivation in coming.”

Decent keeper remember him from his last spell with us

I remember being very frustrated when he left as he'd look really good in his 6 months stint - and that was in the championship.

Happy with this signing, having a decent consistent keeper was the difference in our form between the first and second halves of the season.