Mark Duffy | Vital Football

Mark Duffy

Longshortandtall

Vital Reserves Team
Rumours circulating that the reason he wasn't playing on Saturday is that he's not been offered a new contract and can look for a new Club if he wants. Someone on S24 su saying the contract has been already terminated by mutual consent.

Absolutely gutted if true. The one player who knows how to play the number 10 role and is crucial to how we play. Hugely disappointing.

Can this be true?

Or is it a Wendy rubbish wind up?

I hope we allow him to spend a season n the sun.

The guy who says the contract has been terminated has no previous history of ITK stuff and has 32 posts in 3 years. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. S4-blade says "He’s been told he’s not getting a new contract and if he wants to find a new club we won’t stand in his way", which sounds more realistic than being told to find a new club. If he decides to stay and prove he is worth another deal then I can only imagine this would impress CW.

I'd be a bit surprised, but then he's the wrong side of 30 and we've got three new ones who can play the 10 role, so opportunities may be a bit limited for him. He still has a year on his contract. But, most of all, it sounds like the kind of agent/oinker bullshit that we get from time to time.

He’s my favourite player of the Wilder era to date. I love to see him play when he’s on his game he’s a joy to behold. He’d started to be used more sparingly last season and so I thought that his chances could be limited next season, but I really hoped he’d get his chance in the top tier even if it’s off the bench.

GLTTL. Whatever happens here I still think he’ll be doing a good job somewhere for a few years yet and I look forward to watching him again whoever he plays for...unless of course it’s the Pork or Dirties.

Last edited:
Out of respect i would have liked him to stay one more season. There is still a question mark over Ravel Morrison's attitude and Duffy would have been good back up in short bursts.

He’s my favourite player of the Wilder era to date. I love to see him play when he’s on his game he’s a joy to behold. He’d started to be used more sparingly last season and so I I thought that his chances could be limited next season, but I really hoped he’d get his chance in the top tier even if it’s off the bench.

GLTTL. Whatever happens here I still think he’ll be doing a good job somewhere for a few years yet and I look forward to watching him again whoever he plays for...unless of course it’s the Pork or Dirties.
If the DUFFmeister duz leave that'd be two thirds of the MAGIC TRIANGLE gone,leavin only FLECKY(who's my favrit of the TUFTY era)DUFF will allus have mi respect for what he's helped us achieve from the dark days of Adkins BLADErcoaster,but we've got at least 2 Robinson/Freeman and possibly Morrison for the 10 role so perhaps TUFTY's givin DUFF the same option he gave COUTTSY stay if ya want but if ya wanna be playin every week perhaps a new club's the way to go,that's of course assumin this story's true.UTPB

Last edited:
Let him stay until the end of September and put him on the bench for the Liverpool home game.

I'd be disappointed to lose him, but like Cranie he'll be at a stage where he wants regular football, three new signings who can all play attacking midfield arriving won't have been good for his morale.

Whatever Duffy decides to do good luck to him. He's played a tremendous role this past three years.

I'd be disappointed to lose him, but like Cranie he'll be at a stage where he wants regular football, three new signings who can all play attacking midfield arriving won't have been good for his morale.

Whatever Duffy decides to do good luck to him. He's played a tremendous role this past three years.
it wouldnt suprise me if hes allowed to leave hes certainly not gonna be an automatic choice next season similar situation to billy i think and chris will allow players to leave if they want regular first team football i would say luke freeman will be the number 1 choice for that role

he,ll be missed especially when he was on form,which became few and far between . but my word what a legend for sheffield united and will always be welcomed back if and when he leaves.:clap::bow::cry:

The guy who says the contract has been terminated has no previous history of ITK stuff and has 32 posts in 3 years. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. S4-blade says "He’s been told he’s not getting a new contract and if he wants to find a new club we won’t stand in his way", which sounds more realistic than being told to find a new club. If he decides to stay and prove he is worth another deal then I can only imagine this would impress CW.
Saw all this stuff this morning and that how I saw it sir rod he’s 33 now so we ain’t goin to give him owt as he’ll be 34 so if he wants to go they won’t stand in his way,I hope he stays till jan at least just to say he’s played in the prem like Stan the man did under Harry whatever he decides he will always be a legend here for that goal - the day the bouncing stopped

I put this in the Transfer Window thread as well, but Richard Cadette has confirmed that Duffy is leaving:

Oh and appears Duffy will be off after both parties jointly agreed game time will be limited and best to go and get games somewhere at this stage of his career. It will be a very amicable parting.